First, Im new to the forums so hello. Not new to browsing them, but new to posting on them, lol.

Anyways, I have been having some problems with my Blackberry Tour. About a month ago or longer, maybe , i was walking with a beer in hand and Blackberry in the other and bumped into someone and spilled a tiny bit of the beer on the tour. I wiped it off immediatley but started noticing problems that night. Once it got dry and past its wet spell these are the problems Ive been having.

For a while none of the keys would would work at all and theyd freeze. Id have to push down on every button real hard and then magically it would all come back to life. That problem is all gone it appears (besides it randomly doing it to me on a trip out of town last week wich was annoying because I was using the gps)

Another problem is when opening the blackberry menu (and a couple other menus) the trackball all of a sudden wont work UNTIL one more click of the blackberry menu button and then another of the back button and bam the trackballs back in perfect order (very wierd, works EVERY TIME).

Also the right convience key I had to set it to nothing because whatever it was set to would always pop up and refuse to stay closed. Very annoying.

ANOTHER problem i was having was nothing activating the backlight unless i pushed the button really hard but that comes and gos just like the first thing i mentioned and rarley happens so its all good.

Annnnyyyywayyyyyssssss, all of these things I can deal with and still enjoy my blackberry, except for this last one. My power button will turn the Tour off but it wont turn it back on thus i have to do a battery pull if i ever want to turn the tour back on after using the power button. This especially screwed me on my road trip because for whatever reason my car charger all of a sudden didnt fit any more and i was using the gps and relying on the phone for directions (luckily i made it all the way there and wrote down directions from google knowing the phone was gonna die lol).....

Ok, with all this ranting done, Im wondering do you guys think all of this is fixable with the replacement of the all the keys (trackball, keyboard, right convinience key,bb menu key, etc) or do you think i ****ed something up beyond that thats gonna mean it doesent matter?

EDIT: A couple things i forgot.....The reason Im asking this is cuz im wondering if theres a fix to this (like maybe another button that turns the blackberry on and off and yes i know about the auto on/off feature but thats not cutting it sometimes)......Also Ive noticed ever since this happened my battery seems to die quicker. Why I dont know
    Last edited by carnivalq; 06-03-10 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
    06-03-10 05:32 AM
    You could try just not shutting the Tour off. That would seem to fix the issue with powering it back up...

The rest sounds like just a matter of time until it gives up the ghost entirely. You might be able to replace the components, but there's no guarantee it'll be right regardless of how many new bits you throw at it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 07:27 AM
    I'd go to your carrier and make a warranty claim, that'd be the easiest thing to do. There is a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the handset, just make sure that there isn't any evidence of water damage, there's a little white square underneath the battery that will show red if it's had contact with water.
    06-03-10 07:34 AM
    I'd go to your carrier and make a warranty claim, that'd be the easiest thing to do. There is a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the handset, just make sure that there isn't any evidence of water damage, there's a little white square underneath the battery that will show red if it's had contact with water.
    So you want him to lie?
    06-03-10 10:49 AM
    Unlike the other dishonest suggestion, you can file an insurance claim if you have insurance. Since you have already damaged the phone and voided the warranty, you can try to fix it yourself I suppose, but I'd rather not and just file an insurance claim.
    06-03-10 12:00 PM
    I dont think its going to Ghost. The screen shows no signs of that. Its still in pretty good shape besides what i mentioned. All of those things are perfectly able to live with, just annoyances. Also the problem is Asurion cancelled my insurance because of too many claims. (I ran through a LOT of blackberrys unfortunatley although the last one shouldnt count because it was lost)....The phone is a refurbished phone I got from them...However the monthly charge is still on my Sprint bill, lol.......Also the square is still White.
    06-03-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD