I updated everythimg on my phone and now all my contacts have the wrong FB pictures. I tried updating and reinstalling FB with NO success. HELP!!!
    All my A's have the same pic, and B's and so on.....
    11-24-09 12:12 PM
    Try going to your facebook app options, and uncheck all the options under connect your facebook account with (ie Caledar Application, Message Application and Contact Application). Then log out and uninstall the facebook app. Remove your battery, wait about 20 seconds and then reinstall the facebook app. Once its installed, run the setup wizard on the facebook app again. Hope this helps, I've never experienced this problem, but its how I would go about tryin to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 12:38 PM
    didn't work
    I followed all your instructions and didn't even reinstall FB yet and the pics are still there!!!
    I don't wanto have to delete them all manually.

Any other suggestions????
    11-24-09 01:37 PM
    Is it the facebook profile pictures that are showing up?

11-24-09 01:46 PM
    Yes, and even their old pictures are showing up for other people. For example, My sister Tara's Profile picture shows up when she calls, but every other contact that begins with a T shows up as her old profile pic????
    11-24-09 01:51 PM
    At this point I don't even what pics
    11-24-09 01:54 PM
    Try reinstalling the fb app to see if its gonna refresh all the contact pics when you run the setup wizard again.

11-24-09 01:59 PM
    NOPE. Didn't work. I want to throw this thing.

11-24-09 02:19 PM
    Do the other contacts with the wrong picture indicate that they are connected to a fb contact? When you open them up, do you see a facebook name for them?

11-24-09 02:21 PM
    No. And some that are supposed to have a FB name and pic either have no FB name and/or the wrong picture.

11-24-09 02:29 PM
    Do you have the most updated fb version? Also check that you downloaded the correct version for your phone. Go to blackberry.com/facebook and see if there is a new version available. Also try clearing the app cache (options>clear cache)

11-24-09 02:34 PM
    I downloaded OTA under applications. I also cleared the Cache.
    11-24-09 02:44 PM
    any other ideas??
    11-24-09 04:10 PM
    I think this problem has more to do with the Desktop Manager sync than it does FB. I had the same problem happen when I had my 8830 and I've never used FB. All of my contacts would have the picture of the first person for that particular letter. Example: The A's would all have the picture of the first A with a picture.

I don't remember exactly how, but I changed something in my contact sync options.
    Last edited by jabo052; 11-24-09 at 04:44 PM.
    11-24-09 04:35 PM
    ahhhh... Try backng up your contacts with desktop manager and deleting them all and restoring them. Careful with this though because if the cntacts are corrupt, they may not reload. Other than that, all I can say is to manually edit them all. May be a good opportunity to clean up your contact list.

11-24-09 04:37 PM

11-24-09 04:38 PM
    Can you give me directions on how to only wipe the contacts then reinstall??
    11-24-09 09:13 PM
    You will need desktop manager installed on your computer. Connect your blackberry to the computer and open up desktop manager. Click on Backup and Restore. Then click on the Advanced customer. Once it creates the list, click on your address book, and then click the button pointing to the left, in order to create a backup of it on your computer. Once this is created, you can then select the Address Book that is listed under the blackberry section and then click clear. Once this is done, click the address book under the computer side and then click the right facing arrow to copy it back over to the blackberry. Once again, be careful doing this because if your address book is corrupt or has corrupt sections, then you may lose your entire address book in the process. Also since its the same file, you may copy it back over and still encounter the same problem. To be sure you don't lose your contact list, you might also want to make an aadditional copy of the contact list using another program like outlook. I'm not exactly sure how this can be done since I don't use outlook, but it shouldn't be hard to find instructions if you google it.

11-24-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD