New here and ran a search but was lost is a sea of posts that were not specific to my problem. I recently purchased the Tour from Sprint and need to get my exchange e-mail, calendar, and contacts to sync over the air.

I host my exchange service via godaddy and have the BES service through sprint. I'm using Outlook 2007.

I can send and receive mail without a problem I just can not get the calendar/contacts to sync. I'm well past frustrated and hope that some of you can help point me to the fix or the information to fix my issue.

Thanks.
    08-09-09 09:17 AM
    I'm also running a gmail set-up and when I go to compose a message it defaults to that. I need this to default to my hosted e-mail (corporate). I'm not tied to the gmail and worse case can set-up the auto forward if it makes the set-up easier. errrrr
    08-09-09 09:24 AM
    Go to your calendar screen, hit BB Button, select Options, highlight your active calendar, click with trackball, you will see a Wireless Synchronization, see if it is turned On or Off. Some Tours ship with default On and some Off. Since your contacts are not syncing also, you may need to ensure BES is told to wirelessly do all, plus you may need to resend the Service Books.
    08-09-09 09:30 AM
    I host my exchange service via godaddy and have the BES service through sprint. I'm using Outlook 2007.

I can send and receive mail without a problem I just can not get the calendar/contacts to sync.
    Thanks.
    Do you run a BlackBerry Enterprise Server? You can have the BES plan through Sprint but without a BlackBerry Enterprise Server you can't sync your Exchange contacts and calendars.

If you would like to use Google as a conduit for your Outlook you can checkout Google Sync services to install Google Sync on your Desktop PC and your BlackBerry .

Good luck.
    08-09-09 09:31 AM
    Do you run a BlackBerry Enterprise Server? You can have the BES plan through Sprint but without a BlackBerry Enterprise Server you can't sync your Exchange contacts and calendars.
    Good luck.
    When I set up the enterprise activation I has the password, etc and I did this through the exchange platform. How can I find out? Thanks for your help.

Go to your calendar screen, hit BB Button, select Options, highlight your active calendar, click with trackball, you will see a Wireless Synchronization, see if it is turned On or Off. Some Tours ship with default On and some Off. Since your contacts are not syncing also, you may need to ensure BES is told to wirelessly do all, plus you may need to resend the Service Books.
    I show two calendars - Gmail and desktop. Gmail is set to NOT connect wireless and the desktop is selected YES. Still nothing.
    08-09-09 09:44 AM
    When I set up the enterprise activation I has the password, etc and I did this through the exchange platform. How can I find out?
    I'm going to assume you don't have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server running, if you did you would know about it as it costs a fair bit of money

Exchange can not by itself sync contacts, calendar events, tasks, and notes to your BlackBerry, it needs a BES Server setup to buffer the syncing of information between your BlackBerry and Exchange. I would try using Google Sync services

This is what the data flow looks like with a BES.

Good luck.
    08-09-09 10:51 AM
    what it sounds like is that you are still POP'ing or using the BIS service and not the BES service. Unless im mis interpeting your setup, but u need a BES server connecting to the MS Exchange server via MAPI.

as the last few posts, syncing isnt 100%.
    I have setup BES servers for quite a few of my clients and as far as I know 100% that is the setup.

hope that clears things up for you...
    08-10-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD