Coming from a Curve to the Tour (green dot). Really like the unit so far but I have question about alerts. On my Curve I used the same alert tone Lightspeed) for SMS/MMS and Emails but had the option of the alert sounding 2X for SMS/MMS and 1X for Email. Is there a way to do this on the Tour? I have even installed BerryBuzz in the hopes of being able to have this option without success. Thanks in advance for your help.
    10-29-09 12:40 PM
    Surely someone can help me with this!
    10-30-09 10:08 PM
    I'm no expert by any means, and I'm new to BB world...but you can set the volume of your alerts, so set one to 10 the other much lower? That would be my only suggestion! Good luck!

I think it rings the same # of times, I don't see where you can change that
    10-30-09 10:42 PM
    What OS version are you running? I only had version 4.7 momentarily. Once I found 5.0 online, I had to have it! I can tell you for a fact that on 5.0 you can set the number the sound alert plays at a maximum of three times for each of the different notification categories.

Once you go to 5.0 there really is no need for BerryBuzz. 5.0 also allows you to have your phone vibrate and ring at the same. MAJOR PLUS! :-D

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by AgentGooble; 10-30-09 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Typo.
    10-30-09 10:52 PM
    Thanks Agent,
    That's what I was hoping for...Now I need to research OS 5.0 running on a Verizon Tour. I've been reading that it is still a bit buggy.
    10-30-09 11:12 PM
    Hiya,

I didn't realize that the 5.0 OS would allow us to customize the number of rings we get for our alerts.

I love my tour, but this has been the only thing I have hated about it so far because I too like to customize the number of alerts I get based on whether it's an email, sms/mms, etc.

If it is indeed true that the 5.0 OS allows us to do this, I would be one happy camper. I'm still on the OS that came with my Tour and I've looked into some of the 5.0's that have been leaked or otherwise come out and I'm still iffy on which one to go with. I wish the official would just come out, already!

Cheers,

Lorrix
    10-30-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD