We re installed Desktop Manager to the PC as it had been uninstalled due to problems with Media Sync. The instructions on the DM said to plug in the BB so he chose mine. He plugged mine in, checked off a bunch of stuff to keep (or so he thought) and BBM was one of them. He then saved everything, and when it was complete - I was without my BBM!! I went to BB site, sent the download to my email, and am currently trying to "run" BBM and it is just sitting there on that page, with the word Run highlighted in blue, doing nothing. Help!!! I have a very important contact on the BBM that I need, I don't have any other way of getting intouch with that person!. I have looked in all the folders on my BB to see if BBM moved somewhere - nothing! Short of going back to Verizon and seeing if tech support can help, do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks so much
    10-31-09 05:16 PM
    you can download bbm off of app world
    10-31-09 05:18 PM
    I did that, I see the BB App world icon, I click on that it shows BBMessenger and it says its installed but it is nowhere to be found!!!
    10-31-09 05:30 PM
    Make sure it isn't hidden the the "Instant Messaging" folder. You may have to move it to the "Home" folder for it to be on the main screen again. If that doesn't work, go under Options>Advanced Options>Applications and make sure it truly is on your phone. If not, you can OTA it from www.blackberry.com/messenger from your BB Browser.
    10-31-09 08:37 PM
    If the icon is not hidden or in IM folder. Make sure you have your contact backed up, then delete from the phone and get it from app world.
    10-31-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks all, we ended up going to the Mall and to Verizon. Seems we had 2 messengers on there. The guy deleted both and added one again. I've got it now! But have to add everyone back in!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 08:55 PM
    Thanks all, we ended up going to the Mall and to Verizon. Seems we had 2 messengers on there. The guy deleted both and added one again. I've got it now! But have to add everyone back in!

make sure you use the contact backup remotely feature in the menu of bbm 5.0
    10-31-09 09:29 PM
    I'm havin a issue...my im works fine...but my wife recently had to send in her phone for an exchange..I deleted her old pin from my contacts and added the new one and it worked fine for about a week...but then I stopped receiving her messages...now I deleted her and added her again but she is still "pending" with her name showing and I can view her conversation and even reply but still pending...thoughts anyone???

11-01-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD