I had a bad tour and Verizon switched it out, I backed up my defective tour and wiped it, but when I restored it on my new tour all the apps i had and themes and such are gone only my contacts and time settings and such saved. Why isn't my DM not backing up apps. Also my new tour doesn't have things like the new skype or backup assistant or any of the instant messaging applications except bbm? Any help or idea of whats going on? I haven't upgraded to 5.0 on either device btw
    03-31-10 11:00 AM
    Desktop manager does not back up third party apps the way you did it.. bbsak backs up third party apps.. When u do a back up with dm, it only backs up all the data and settings.

skype and backup assistant were just pushed to tours and they are just shortcuts, they are not the actual app. Just do a batt pull and they should show up with your im stuff
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-31-10 at 11:08 AM.
    03-31-10 11:03 AM
    hook em horns!!!!!

anyways,

like the guy above me said, the pushed apps are just download icons, not the real app until you click it and install. they dont always get pushed to everyone (like me) but after registering with the network, they sometimes show up. you can do that by going to options > advanced options > host routing table > register now
    03-31-10 11:06 AM
    I'm sorry I'm a bit new what is bbsak? and also why doesn't the new device not have bb app world facebook, myspace , social beat, or any of the instant messaging programs? Also when I try to send service books it says my phone cannot connect to the server
    03-31-10 11:08 AM
    Ok registering for host routing got everything back. Thank you so much, but just for future reference what is bbsak, or how do i back up 3rd party apps
    03-31-10 11:12 AM
    I'm sorry I'm a bit new what is bbsak? and also why doesn't the new device not have bb app world facebook, myspace , social beat, or any of the instant messaging programs? Also when I try to send service books it says my phone cannot connect to the server
    If your getting that message, something is not set right. Did you pull the battery?
    03-31-10 11:14 AM
    If your getting that message, something is not set right. Did you pull the battery?
    It worked when I registered for host routing thankfully
    03-31-10 11:16 AM
    BBSAK is BB Swiss Army Knife - a versatile PC application that reads your phone and can backup apps, restore apps, erase all or selected apps. Google is under bb-geeks or similar.
    03-31-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD