this is the second time ive had java.lang.NullPointerexception on my blackberry when i got to open my email. It ended up fixing its self after a few hours but now its doing it again. Idk what to do. ive only had my blackberry tour for about 6months. i hope someone can help me. if u can help ucan also reach me on blackberry messenger. 30B63488 pin
    02-13-10 11:35 PM
    Have you tried - with the phone ON, removing the battery for about 40 seconds and then replacing it. Do you keep a lot of email stored on the device? If it keeps happening maybe there is a "bad" email or one with bad data that it tries downloading. As a last resort, you could backup your phone and reinstall the OS or even install one of the new OS 5's from another carrier - Verizon's OS 5 should be out pretty soon.
    02-14-10 08:46 AM
    My Tour was doing this with text messages. It started doing it when I was typing the text messages. It would do it once in awhile, then it started doing it every text message. Only had my tour a week and they couldn't fix it so they exchanged it right there. I'd call or go into sprint. Show them the issue. They had to see the error come up 2 times as I was texting. It was like they didn't believe me! They replaced it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD