I'm on my 2nd Tour.. Used to plug my headphones into the first one all the time and never had any problems.. Now that I got the new one I've just never tried. Now tonight I was bored and figured I'd try it out.. The headphone plug will not go into the jack! At all. Goes halfway and won't go any farther. This is with the same headphones as I used on the last one. Tried 2 other sets of headphones and they didn't fit either.. Anyone else notice this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:14 PM
    I'm on my 2nd Tour.. Used to plug my headphones into the first one all the time and never had any problems.. Now that I got the new one I've just never tried. Now tonight I was bored and figured I'd try it out.. The headphone plug will not go into the jack! At all. Goes halfway and won't go any farther. This is with the same headphones as I used on the last one. Tried 2 other sets of headphones and they didn't fit either.. Anyone else notice this?

Weird, mine fits fine. Is the phone new or refurb?
    12-28-09 09:30 PM
    Brand new!

12-28-09 09:38 PM
    Sometimes with newer devices, the jack is a little tight. I had the same problem with my 8900 when I first got it. At first I had to apply a moderate amount of pressure to get it in. But over time it becomes easier to insert.

12-28-09 09:39 PM
    I don't think I can push thing thing any harder without breaking something

12-28-09 09:58 PM
    I would try a different pair of headphones. And if it still doesn't fit, I guess you will have to request a replacement.

12-28-09 10:00 PM
    Look inside the hole and you'll see a little tab that just needs to be pushed back with a paperclip or something thin.
    12-28-09 10:36 PM
    I had this exact same problem with a brand new one too and just posted on here yesterday for it (not giving you **** for not searching just making it clear that if what worked for me doesnt for you there were plenty of other ideas on that one) if you just push and twist at the same time they SHOULD pop right it. DONT GO PUTTING RANDOM STUFF INTO YOUR PHONE TO PUSH SOMETHING UP AND OUT OF THE WAY cause for my phone there wasnt even anything there. and if it doesn't work it took me twisting a few times but it did work just had to find the sweet spot. hopefully it works for you =]
    12-28-09 11:21 PM
    I used the headphones that came with the tour and played with it by inserting it and turning repeatedly. Eventually I was able to get another pair to slide in just as easily.

12-28-09 11:28 PM
    I pushed, twisted, turned, everything.. It ain't goin' in.. I pushed HARD too...
    12-29-09 05:14 AM
    So I took the tip of a pencil and just put a tiny bit of pressure on the piece sticking out that was stopping the plug from going in... The plug slid right in after that............. But it doesn't work at all.. Music just stays playing from the phone speaker
    12-29-09 05:20 AM
    Sounds defective then. Good luck.
    12-29-09 08:45 AM
    ...At first I had to apply a moderate amount of pressure to get it in. But over time it becomes easier to insert.

I don't think I can push thing thing any harder without breaking something

I pushed, twisted, turned, everything.. It ain't goin' in.. I pushed HARD too...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    12-29-09 11:27 AM
    New phone will be here tomorrow
    12-29-09 03:00 PM
    I had the exact same problem when i first got my tour. The first time i plugged in the headphones everything was good. Then the second time it would only go in half way. I discovered there is a little tab that folded down that blocks the headphones from going in all the way. Why it did this i dont know but if you place the phone face down and look at the jack with a flashlight, you will see a small metal tab that is not exactly flush with the rest of the jack cylinder. all you have to do is use a paper clip or something small and just gently pry it backup straight. you don't have to use a lot of force. Recommend removing the battery before doing this and then try plugging the headphones back in before installing the battery. This is just in case anyone else out there has this problem or it happens to you again with the new phone.
    12-29-09 08:39 PM
    I finally got a pair of headphones to fit only now every 10 to 15 seconds the voice dial app kicks on and asks me to say something. Is there a way to completely disable this app or remove it. Its extremely annoying. I just got this new Tour on Saturday night because my launch Tour trackball quit working. Did not have this problem with my launch Tour.
    01-19-10 07:37 PM
    I had recently bought the tour 9630 the ear phones worked perfectly until yesterday i plugged them in and the phone didn't recognize them and it just played it on the phone speaker turned it off and still the same issue ].What could be the problem ?
    09-11-13 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD