It seems the faster i try to roll the ball to the right, the more jammed up and slower the response gets.

Its a relatively new problme for me; any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!
    12-05-09 12:47 PM
    turn up your sensitivity
    12-05-09 01:43 PM
    You can clean the trackball, adjust the settings, and if nothing works thats what the manufacturing warranty is for.
    12-05-09 05:45 PM
    Cleaning the ball with canned air and a lint free cloth w/ rubbing alcohol could help. i recently bought a used tour that didn't like scrolling left or right. i fixed the issue by taking it apart and replacing the trackball with a Curve trackball assembly. smooth as silk now.
    12-05-09 05:48 PM
    Setting sensativity to 90 horizontal and feathering the trackball is the only way to get the job done on my phone. I'm thinking of sending it in for repair but I kinda got used to it like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 06:01 PM
    Setting sensativity to 90 horizontal and feathering the trackball is the only way to get the job done on my phone. I'm thinking of sending it in for repair but I kinda got used to it like this.
    Doooo it! It'll be like a whole new phone once you get a new trackball assembly in.
    12-05-09 08:41 PM
    Doooo it! It'll be like a whole new phone once you get a new trackball assembly in.
    I will be Tourless for 3-4 weeks though. Gonna have to use good my good ole reliable Pearl in the meantime.

12-05-09 09:09 PM
    ^ Or it's $9 trackball assembly and 20 minutes of your time if you change out the trackball yourself. At the expense of your warranty though...unless you can remove that white sticker without tearing it.
    12-05-09 11:35 PM
    Use rubbing alcohol wipes to clean the trackball. This works great. Also someone posted in another thread that they pressed down hard on the trackball and moved it left/right and up/down and it made it work better. I tried it because I was having a minor issue. It worked, its worth a shot! I have tried the alcohol wipes too, they also work.
    12-06-09 12:26 AM
    You should try to get it swapped out, even if it is for a FRU. If its not working, let them replace it.
    12-06-09 03:42 AM
    return it! This should not happen to a 3 month old phone!
    12-06-09 06:50 AM
    Bell refused to exchange mine after 17 days. They said they will send it in for repairs and after argueing with them, they said they will wave the loaner fees but not exchange it. Welcome to Bell world.

12-06-09 08:23 AM
    ^ Or it's $9 trackball assembly and 20 minutes of your time if you change out the trackball yourself. At the expense of your warranty though...unless you can remove that white sticker without tearing it.
    I got to agree. Here's some photos of mine torn apart, which looks scary... but it was EASY.

Rather than send away, this is a 20-30 minute and very worthwhile solution for me. I used the 8300 series trackball assembly. I paid $10 cnd.

All you need is a T6 screwdriver and something like a credit card to help pop off some things.

Last edited by CGI; 12-06-09 at 10:04 AM.
    12-06-09 09:56 AM
    Bell changes mine and only costs $11?
    06-22-10 04:06 AM
    Bell refused to exchange mine after 17 days. They said they will send it in for repairs and after argueing with them, they said they will wave the loaner fees but not exchange it. Welcome to Bell world.

That's rough. My Tour had the same issue, got it replaced with Bold 9650.
    06-22-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD