08-16-09 01:58 AM
30 12
tools
    I noticed the other day that while browsing the internet on my tour, my data status was in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I like that I could tell from within the browser if I had EVDO or a 1X connection. Mine fluctuates at my house alot, so having it right there was always helpful in determining what was happening. Anyway, the next day I opened my browser and the network status was gone. Now only bar status indicator is there. I have posted two pics to illustrate the difference. I would like to bring back my connection status. Does anybody know how to control this?
    08-03-09 10:56 AM
    I have never seen that. I wish I could see the pics you posted on my phone so that way I knew what you were talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 11:18 AM
    I have never seen this. Good eye garment69!
    08-03-09 11:32 AM
    wow, I have never seen this either. I will keep an eye out now for it!
    08-03-09 11:34 AM
    mine has always shown it...that's really odd
    08-03-09 11:40 AM
    Try hitting the "u" button while iin the browser. It should bring up or hide the current page address and show the connection

08-03-09 11:49 AM
    Yeah, good catch. Have never noticed network status being displayed in the browser before. Sure will start looking now.
    08-03-09 11:50 AM
    Mine has done this since I've had the phone. I didn't turn it on anywhere, at least that I know of. It is my first BB and only had it about 3-4 weeks, so I may have turned it on somehow in my first couple days of browsing features.
    08-03-09 11:52 AM
    Never seen it before. I've checked my browser and just the status bars.
    08-03-09 12:13 PM
    Try hitting the "u" button while iin the browser. It should bring up or hide the current page address and show the connection

Works ^^^^^^
    08-03-09 12:15 PM

That toggles full screen but doesn't change the info in the top bar.

08-03-09 12:26 PM
    Mine has done it since i got it
    08-03-09 01:15 PM
    Wierd. Mine has always had the 1XEV up there also.
    08-03-09 01:21 PM
    Mine has never shown data coverage (1XEV) with the browser open. Just signal bars.
    08-03-09 01:31 PM
    Mine says "EDGE" with the status bars (EDGE instead of the 1XEV because I'm on a GSM network) and has always shown it ever since I had the phone...
    08-03-09 02:23 PM
    mine always has the 1XEV
    08-03-09 02:29 PM
    MIne does that too, it's done that since i got my tour
    08-03-09 02:38 PM
    Weird I'd like too see both. I only see the bars. I'm on vzw, what's your guys network?

08-03-09 02:43 PM
    mine fluctuates between that and other when i am on the internet and not in place with good service. i think its natural and does this all the time with a little delay.
    08-03-09 02:53 PM
    Mine does that too I just started notice. Before it never show 1xEV in the browser. So I went to mobile network connections -> Change the technology to Global. Then I went to turn off all Mobile Network connections wait a couple secs until the network is off, then turn it back on. Then open up the browser and it should appear. You might have to wait a few moments before opening up the browser but it should appear.

Let me know if this works for you as I have been able to replicate this 3 times already.
    08-03-09 03:34 PM
    Mine does that too I just started notice. Before it never show 1xEV in the browser. So I went to mobile network connections -> Change the technology to Global. Then I went to turn off all Mobile Network connections wait a couple secs until the network is off, then turn it back on. Then open up the browser and it should appear. You might have to wait a few moments before opening up the browser but it should appear.

Let me know if this works for you as I have been able to replicate this 3 times already.
    Yep, that worked. Now showing 1XEV in the browser title bar. Curious to see how long it stays there. Nice find.
    08-03-09 04:18 PM

Yes, that it. I now have it back, thank you. I also wonder how long it will stick around. I will try and pay attention if I do anything to cause it to vanish again.
    08-03-09 04:51 PM
    Hmmm mine has always been there

08-03-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks for that tip. I love it. Mine just shows status bars, always has.
    08-03-09 06:37 PM
    Just started showing 1XEV.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/...43812bb6_m.jpg

08-03-09 08:13 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD