According to a article i saw here on CrackBerry Telus Tour Pricing And Launch Date! | CrackBerry.com the full retail price of the Tour will be $650.. $599 with 1 yr contract.... $550 with 2 yr contract and $450 with 3 yr contract... How much u think it will be at full retail price at verizon??? Hopefully not $650
    06-16-09 09:27 PM
    IMHO, $450, or $499. I cannot see them pricing it any higher then that as the Storm was a $499 full retail.
    06-16-09 09:29 PM
    is it canadian dollars? isn't canada's dollar worth a bit less than US -- so their numbers should be a lil higher than ours?

/shrug
    06-16-09 09:36 PM
    is it canadian dollars? isn't canada's dollar worth a bit less than US -- so their numbers should be a lil higher than ours?

/shrug
    That is true thats in canadian dollars so maybe the exchanges rates of that price will amount to $500 or so .... I hope
    06-16-09 09:39 PM
    From Engadget:

We're hearing that Telus is primed to pick up the BlackBerry Tour right alongside -- if not before -- its US counterparts, getting real for customers on July 15. Pricing will come in at CAD $249.99 (about $220) on a promotional three-year deal, meaning that you need to be agreeing to a new contract on a voice plan of $20 or greater with a data package of $15 or greater. Otherwise you'll pay a whopping CAD $449.99 on a three-year all the way up to $649.99 contract-free. Of course, we suspect the Tour is so much better than the Curve and the 8800 series that people will be paying in droves at any price, but still, it's pretty painful to get in on this thing without springing for the promo.

Engadget Mobile
    06-16-09 09:46 PM
    Remember, this is a being marketed primarily as a high-end business smartphone. If you look at the trends from the past, Telus pricing on such units have reached $650. (and no, I'm not happy nor endorsing it).
    We (the CB community are just a sliver of the demographic who are targeted to purchase this -- most corporations who are upgrading BB's will get this either way).
    That said, Rogers is still selling the Bold for $650 and the Curve 8900 (which isn't their high-end BB) for $600.
    06-16-09 09:49 PM
    Remember, this is a being marketed primarily as a high-end business smartphone. If you look at the trends from the past, Telus pricing on such units have reached $650. (and no, I'm not happy nor endorsing it).
    We (the CB community are just a sliver of the demographic who are targeted to purchase this -- most corporations who are upgrading BB's will get this either way).
    That said, Rogers is still selling the Bold for $650 and the Curve 8900 (which isn't their high-end BB) for $600.

ok so a 500-600 price point is still feasible for this phone on verizon..
    06-16-09 10:37 PM
    For comparison, here is a link to the Telus smartphone page, with pricing.

Smartphones | Phones | TELUS Mobility
    06-16-09 10:47 PM
    For comparison, here is a link to the Telus smartphone page, with pricing.

Smartphones�*|�* Phones�*|�* TELUS Mobility
    Thank you for furthering my point.
    06-17-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD