This seems very odd, but after two weeks use, my battery door, which was pretty loose originally, now seems a lot more snug. Hard to figure out what may have caused this, but nonetheless looseness is much less noticeable now.
    08-01-09 09:55 PM
    Maybe you're just used to it? Or it wasn't as bad as you thought to begin with?
    08-01-09 09:57 PM
    This seems very odd, but after two weeks use, my battery door, which was pretty loose originally, now seems a lot more snug. Hard to figure out what may have caused this, but nonetheless looseness is much less noticeable now.
    imagination? Maybe holding it cause some pressure and made it fit a little better, but not sure what else could have happened. A lot of over reaction and paranoia with the many negative postings may have caused you to think it was worse then it was.
    08-01-09 09:58 PM
    uhhhhhhhh.....Can't say I can Cosign this thread..... good for you though.
    08-01-09 10:02 PM
    Coulda been the jb weld?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:07 PM
    the heat from your battery made that happen. Same thing happen to my old HTC diamond
    08-01-09 10:15 PM
    Though it never bothered me so much. my cover fits better also.
    08-01-09 10:24 PM
    yes yes smart phone battery door expansion is very possible.
    A study done by HTC says it can be due to sudden temperature change , moisture level , carrying device in pocket with a couple Raisinets floating around it.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-01-09 at 10:33 PM.
    08-01-09 10:30 PM
    See? Keeping food in your pocket does wonders for your BB. Except now there's crumbs behind my screen.
    08-01-09 10:35 PM
    Getting worse for me....
    08-02-09 11:23 AM
    I try not to remove the battery cover, I find it gets more loose after more removals. The tighter the better i think..
    08-02-09 11:24 AM
    I'll have to agree with most of the posters in this thread, and that is, it's stayed the same or gotten worse over time. However, I just did the electrical tape fix and the door is as tight as it should have been from the factory. It's such an easy fix anyone with a loose cover should do it. Makes typing more enjoyable.

08-02-09 11:28 AM
    Where exactly do u put the tape??

08-02-09 11:31 AM
    I'm on the tour right now so a little too lazy to dig up the link, but basically it goes in between the door and the latch on the phone. Just place a small strip along the bottom of the latch (on the phone side). You can barely notice it and it makes a world of difference!

08-02-09 11:35 AM
    Mine I think is getting worse but I always have a case so maybe I just don't notice it

08-02-09 11:38 AM
    you should just put 2 dots of super glue on it and call it good. works great for me

08-02-09 11:46 AM
    you should just put 2 dots of super glue on it and call it good. works great for me

How do you open the door if it's glued down? The point is to fix the problem while still maintaining proper function of the door.

Here's the pic. All credit goes to evaldez18.

08-02-09 11:55 AM
    The tighter the better i think..
    This is what i live my life by
    08-02-09 12:31 PM
    How do you open the door if it's glued down? The point is to fix the problem while still maintaining proper function of the door.

Here's the pic. All credit goes to evaldez18.

Maybe i don't get out much but i have never seen a 6gb card before.
    08-02-09 12:34 PM
    Mine has also gotten worse. When i got my current tour the battery door was perfect now its back to how loose my original cover was. Hmmmm
    08-02-09 12:42 PM
    I used to feel this weird creak while sending text messages and over the past couple of days it has happened less and less. Not sure if it's me or the door is melting/melding into the phone better but I'm happy.

08-02-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD