so i ordered the black bezel and the all black g1 trackball for my tour.Going for a all blacked out tour!! The top cover piece when i was taking my tour apart isn't fitting exactly right on i think i bent it a little bit. i looked on cnn.cn for that top piece but they dont have it yet. Does anybody know where i can purchase that piece?!!
    08-11-09 01:52 AM
    Typically Cnn.cn is the place I have always been able to get parts for. It is odd that certain parts are not yet available, compared to the Bold when it launched there was everything available. If its not fitting right, take it apart again carefully and look for anything bent. If that doesn't work you may have to wait. I am sure someone will suggest taking it in for a replacement via Verizon which is an option of course they won't know it was opened if you do it via the mail.
    08-11-09 09:15 AM
    I am sure someone will suggest taking it in for a replacement via Verizon which is an option of course they won't know it was opened if you do it via the mail.

Actually, I've heard that due to so many people replacing phones that they damaged or didn't have a problem through the mail that the techs are checking out phones as they come in and if they can't find a problem with the phone, or if the warranty sticker is voided, they are billing you the full retail price of the phone.

I would not suggest trying to pull one over on Verizon.
    08-11-09 10:02 AM
    Ouch, I haven't run into that before or yet, so good to know.
    08-11-09 03:56 PM
    Actually, I've heard that due to so many people replacing phones that they damaged or didn't have a problem through the mail that the techs are checking out phones as they come in and if they can't find a problem with the phone, or if the warranty sticker is voided, they are billing you the full retail price of the phone.

yessir!

08-11-09 05:00 PM
    yessir!

no im not trying to pull anything over verizon just looking for the top cover piece for my tour thats all
    08-11-09 09:01 PM
    I need to do this due to some scratches

Where can I find instructions to take apart my BB?
    08-11-09 09:11 PM
    so i ordered the black bezel and the all black g1 trackball for my tour.Going for a all blacked out tour!! The top cover piece when i was taking my tour apart isn't fitting exactly right on i think i bent it a little bit. i looked on cnn.cn for that top piece but they dont have it yet. Does anybody know where i can purchase that piece?!!
    the tour comes with a black trackball though...
    08-11-09 09:14 PM
    I need to do this due to some scratches

Where can I find instructions to take apart my BB?

I need to buy a keyboard, the 3 side buttons and the bezel

How difficult will the installation of this be for a noob?
    08-11-09 09:17 PM
    the tour comes with a black trackball though...
    but on the g1 trackball the chrome around the tours is black not chrome
    08-11-09 09:56 PM
    heres all the link to the website where you can buy the parts and when you click which part you need itll have a video tutorial below it to the left walks you through step by step 9630 - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,
    08-11-09 09:58 PM
    I need to buy a keyboard, the 3 side buttons and the bezel

How difficult will the installation of this be for a noob?
    its not hard at all i took my storm apart and blacked that out and took my tour apart last night to practice and its pretty easily surprisingly
    08-11-09 09:59 PM

true story I have seen this first hand on a few storms and other phones
    08-11-09 10:11 PM
    does anybody know how would be able to take of the veizon branding on the bottom piece without messing up and black cover piece?!
    08-12-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD