Grr. Starting a new small business which puts me on the road more which means I could REALLY use a BB now as I don't currently have one. It's very tempting to get inside the 30 day window in the next week or 2 and get a Curve and then return it when the Tour comes out, but that just seems like dirty pool to me since my goal the whole time is to get a Tour.
    06-03-09 11:13 AM
    It is. A lot of people have suggested that you pick up a used Curve ($100) off eBay or Craigslist and then you don't have to use your upgrade quite yet. I bet you can turn around and sell it for close to what you bought it for. In my area, I am seeing Storms (3 weeks old) being sold for 200 dollars. Just make sure the ESN and PIN are clear.
    06-03-09 11:39 AM
    Yep, that would be the ticket, and then you either have a back-up or resale device. It's a win-win.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 11:40 AM
    It is. A lot of people have suggested that you pick up a used Curve ($100) off eBay or Craigslist and then you don't have to use your upgrade quite yet. I bet you can turn around and sell it for close to what you bought it for. In my area, I am seeing Storms (3 weeks old) being sold for 200 dollars. Just make sure the ESN and PIN are clear.
    Thanks for the advice. I thought about that too but I'll be starting up a new account, not upgrading. Right now I'm doing a friends and family package thing with my folks (a leftover from a past family business) and when I get me a BB I'll be leaving that and putting it in my business account. Guess I should go by VZW and see how that's all gonna work, eh?
    06-03-09 11:55 AM
    Yeah, I just sold my Storm and am currently using an old dummy phone to hold me over a month or so until the Tour comes out. Man, it's literally been 2 days, and I think I have the shakes from not having a BB!!!
    06-03-09 12:00 PM
    Patience is a virtue!
    06-03-09 12:08 PM
    aooooooooooommmmmmmm....

Doing my best.....
    06-03-09 12:10 PM
    I bet its even harder waiting knowing that theres a better version of the tour thats already been released for 6 months now...
    06-03-09 12:12 PM
    I bet its even harder waiting knowing that theres a better version of the tour thats already been released for 6 months now...
    I assume you're referring to the Bold? Since I just signed up with Verizon in March, so I'm locked for 2 years. Looks like the Tour will be the best BB on Verizon.
    06-03-09 12:17 PM
    Assuming "better" is in the eye of the beholder, the Tour is better than the Bold.
    06-03-09 12:21 PM
    Actually it's even easier waiting knowing I would have to switch to AT&T for the Bold.
    06-03-09 12:22 PM
    Its gonna be insanely awesome!
    06-03-09 04:45 PM

its only better in some peoples eyes..

do I want wi-fi yes

but honestly I will take the more app memory over it...

I like the better camera too..

so its really in the eye of the beholder to be honest..

and the fact that I don't want at&t right now
    06-03-09 06:49 PM
    so..is it safe to say the tour will be the same size as the bold? or will it be closer to the curve? When I had the curve 8330, I was happy with the size, I hope the tour isn't too much bigger than that.

its inbetween the size of the bold and curve 8900

Kevin wrote up a review here on crackberry that has them all in video and in pictures side by side back to back etc etc
    06-03-09 08:59 PM
    I played with the 8900 today and it felt really smooth I can't wait to get my tour! Its awesome when you run your own retailer and you can just pick one up

06-03-09 10:18 PM
    How much is the tour going to cost with the upgrade price?

06-04-09 07:15 AM
    There are a few numbers out there I'm thinking around 299 249 199 but they just dropped the price of the bold yesterday so who knows

06-04-09 08:24 AM
    There are a few numbers out there I'm thinking around 299 249 199 but they just dropped the price of the bold yesterday so who knows

I'm stuck with verizon and my beat curve so I can't even get excited about price dropping on the Bold they don't have.

06-04-09 09:08 AM
    a price cut on the Bold probably wont effect the initial cost of the tour to much. I still expect 299.00 to start just my guess if I am wrong I am wrong.
    06-04-09 04:04 PM
    If they price it at $299, they better have a $100 rebate to go along with that!
    06-04-09 08:55 PM
    Or at least $50. I could handle paying up to $250 total. After that, it's going to be very difficult...especially now that all my tax return money is GONE! haha.
    06-04-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD