I recently lost my job and was thinking about selling the Tour I just received from VZ to help out with some bills. I bought it through my upgrade, $100, but was curious if I would be hit with some sort of penalty for selling the phone since I didn't pay full retail for it. If anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing I would appreciate the help. Thanks
    08-11-09 08:30 AM
    If you bought it through your NE2 and you sell the phone, no, shouldn't be a problem. You will have to hook up something else though because otherwise you'll get charged the ETF.
    08-11-09 08:36 AM
    I recently lost my job and was thinking about selling the Tour I just received from VZ to help out with some bills. I bought it through my upgrade, $100, but was curious if I would be hit with some sort of penalty for selling the phone since I didn't pay full retail for it. If anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing I would appreciate the help. Thanks
    sorry tohear about your bad times. as long as you activate another phone on the line the tour is on you should be fine, u may even want to call vzw and tell them you are traveling to italy and need the unlock code, will help you get some more money out of it, but also IMHO you should keep it, go back to a dumb phone for a while drop your bill that 29.99 will save you money every month know what I mean?
    08-11-09 08:36 AM
    Verizon doesnt care what you do with the phone they just want you to keep your line. If u have another older phone that you can use for that specific line then you can just do an esn swap, keep your service with them and sell your tour. If your still in contract and want to cancel the service altogether then yes i believe they would charge you the early termination fee. I have sprint and thats how they work and i dont see why verizon would be much different. The bottom line is they just want your monthly fee for the line.
    08-11-09 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the help folks. I may have an old phone kicking around I can activate, which would help me monthly without having to pay the BB service. I really love this phone, but selling might be the best option for me right now.
    08-11-09 08:48 AM
    That sucks.. Atleast you didn't buy a new set of rims and tires like I did lol. Good luck
    08-11-09 09:20 AM
    Thanks for the help folks. I may have an old phone kicking around I can activate, which would help me monthly without having to pay the BB service. I really love this phone, but selling might be the best option for me right now.
    Yeah, you can sell it for about $400. I got the new EnV Touch a month or so ago for $100 coming from a WE 8830 BB. Well, I missed the BB functionality and just sold the EnV touch for $300 and got my new Tour. And I am loving it.
    08-11-09 09:34 AM
    I've even heard of people that have been in your situation, call Verizon and explain your situation and have had the ETF lowered or even dropped. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and try. Hope things get better and work out for you.
    Last edited by AceZ71; 08-11-09 at 09:56 AM.
    08-11-09 09:45 AM
    Sorry about the hard times. It seems no matter what direction the economy goes people are still getting plowed under.
    08-11-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD