okay, so i have problems trying to open my battery door. ive been told its the 'easiest' to open, ever. yeah, not mine. at all. in fact, my husband tried to do it tonight and scratched the silver latch thingy... i am sooo mad.

but i got to thinking it shoudlnt be this hard. is this a defect maybe? something i did w/o knowing it? i rarely have to get in there, but once in a while i want to manually pull the batter instead of using my quickpull app, or get to my memory card and i cant even do that.

is this something i should get replaced or is under warranty?

thanx.
    12-09-09 06:41 PM
    just stick your fingernail under the silver latch, push in a little bit and pull up. Its not hard
    12-09-09 06:42 PM
    Just to verify... you're sliding the latch toward the blackberry logo, right? I've found the easiest way is to basically "pinch" the phone with my thumb on the top of the phone and pull the latch toward my thumb with my index finger.
    12-09-09 06:45 PM
    for a person like me with no finger nails its impossible to open the battery door and remove the battery. I have to take something skinny and stick it in the little slot and use that small object to slide the silver thing back. i wish it was easier but its a pain.
    12-09-09 06:48 PM
    yup.. doing all that and nothing
    12-09-09 06:55 PM
    It is possible its just stuck or the latch is defective. I would take it to my cell provider and let them try to open it. This way if it is broke or does break, its covered..
    12-09-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD