let it go nothing i have to pull the battery to get it to vanish .

any ideas running hybrid 7v12
    12-13-09 02:53 PM
    i'm trying to make sense of your post - so you're getting a PRL update when you end a call and it freezes your phone, which forces you to do a battery pull? i'm on 7.12 also and never had that problem. why don't you try updating to 7.14 and see if that fixes it?
    12-13-09 04:57 PM
    This is a well known and documented issue with the hybrids on the Sprint Tour. After a reboot, the os dumps the PRL..so you'll need to update the PRL manually after every reboot, otherwise the is will attempt to auto update after a phone call. The process will not complete, and if you cancel it simply hangs, forcing a battery pull. To prevent ths from happening, when you're installngthe hybrid, do NOT restore the service books from your backup file. In other words, reinstall the hybrid on your phone, and when you go to restore the phone from your backup file, click advanced, and only select the items you need to restore...like phonebook, SMS, emails, etc etc. You could also simply select everything, then go back and deselect service books while holding the control key. This will keep everything selected while deselecting the service books. Once you restore, you will stop seeing the auto PRL. This is only for sprint tours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 05:05 PM
    Explain please...
    12-13-09 05:06 PM
    This is a well known and documented issue with the hybrids on the Sprint Tour. After a reboot, the os dumps the PRL..so you'll need to update the PRL manually after every reboot, otherwise the is will attempt to auto update after a phone call. The process will not complete, and if you cancel it simply hangs, forcing a battery pull. To prevent ths from happening, when you're installngthe hybrid, do NOT restore the service books from your backup file. In other words, reinstall the hybrid on your phone, and when you go to restore the phone from your backup file, click advanced, and only select the items you need to restore...like phonebook, SMS, emails, etc etc. You could also simply select everything, then go back and deselect service books while holding the control key. This will keep everything selected while deselecting the service books. Once you restore, you will stop seeing the auto PRL. This is only for sprint tours.

Ahh okay I see....OP, update to 7.14...that should be best...
    12-13-09 05:08 PM
    I get this occasionally with the .230 build. Not too often though. Only seems to happen after very, very short calls.
    12-13-09 05:18 PM
    You can update to .14, that's fine...but remember not to restore service books. If you use apploader, make sure not to select the default option for backing up, as this will restore service books automatically, and you won't be able to stop it.

12-13-09 09:54 PM
    What is PRL???????
    12-17-09 04:38 AM
    mconk,
    i made sure not to restore the service books, now should i manually update the PRL or just leave it alone? When i went to the menu and tried to update the PRL list, it just stuck on "checking for updates"

I really hope i dont get the damn auto updates, they are VERY annoying. I just upgraded to the 7.15 this morning, making sure to NOT restore the service books from the backup...

right?
    01-01-10 03:18 PM
    You got it...sometimes it takes a few tries to manually update...just now I had to do a battery pull, tried to provision and it failed...unfortunately once it fails once, you can't do it again without doing a battery pull. Ugh. Sometimes it'll take a few tries, but just make sure you update profile or prl after a batt pull, and you should be good to go. Sometimes it only takes 15seconds, other times it takes longer. Some guys over at bbhybrids are working on researching a possible fix. But for now this def helps.

mconk,
    i made sure not to restore the service books, now should i manually update the PRL or just leave it alone? When i went to the menu and tried to update the PRL list, it just stuck on "checking for updates"

I really hope i dont get the damn auto updates, they are VERY annoying. I just upgraded to the 7.15 this morning, making sure to NOT restore the service books from the backup...

right?
    01-01-10 03:59 PM
    I'm new, so sorry. What is PRL? Is that the provisioning for profile updates?
    01-01-10 05:26 PM
    I'm new, so sorry. What is PRL? Is that the provisioning for profile updates?
    PRL => Preferred roaming list.
    01-02-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD