Hey guys. I have a BB Tour running 4.7.1.40. Last week I thought I'd reboot the Tour to refresh things for the heck of it. About one minute into the reboot a white screen came on and there was an error code and it read "reload software". It wouldn't boot any further, making it a paper weight.

I quickly hooked it up to BB desptop manager and loaded the software. It has been working very well since. However I did lose somethings, likecontact, calendar, memo's, saved messages, etc. I reloaded google sync and got back my contacts and calendar.

But, WTF!? Why did this happen, and will it happen again?

I can't afford this delay and stress most days!

Makes the Droid look better! But I hate to leave BB. I love my berry!
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    11-09-09 07:20 PM
    Upgrade to OS 5.0.0.238, problem solved.

The threaded SMS is very nice if you txt alot, and the 3G symbol instead of 1XEV is nice as well, Ive had no problems with it, I suggest you look into upgrading to a leaked version
    11-09-09 07:46 PM
    Hey guys. I have a BB Tour running 4.7.1.40. Last week I thought I'd reboot the Tour to refresh things for the heck of it. About one minute into the reboot a white screen came on and there was an error code and it read "reload software". It wouldn't boot any further, making it a paper weight.

I quickly hooked it up to BB desptop manager and loaded the software. It has been working very well since. However I did lose somethings, likecontact, calendar, memo's, saved messages, etc. I reloaded google sync and got back my contacts and calendar.

But, WTF!? Why did this happen, and will it happen again?

I can't afford this delay and stress most days!

Makes the Droid look better! But I hate to leave BB. I love my berry!
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    hey how do you reload the software using the bb desktop manager?? i am also running the 4.7.1.40 but i have several bugs and i was thinking if i reloaded the software then it might get rid of them instead of doing a hard wipe.
    11-09-09 08:28 PM
    WHy did this happen? Great question. All I can compare it to is that you drive to market, you do your shopping and load the car with all you just bought. You get in and try to start the car and it wont start, but work 10 minutes ago to get you there.

Point being why ask why - Caca happens.

Glad to hear the the reload helped though.
    11-09-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD