I had the error message, so I followed these steps (as specified by RIM)

1.Verify that the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    2.Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    3.Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    4.Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    5.On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    6.In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    7.Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    8.Select the applications that you want to install.
    9.Click Next.
    10.Click Next.
    11.Click Finish.
    12.When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.

Now my BB is completely wiped! everythings gone! my contacts, messages. I am freaking out and I am seriously contemplating the value of my life!!!!

Please help me!
    Is there anyway to restore the information on my BB?
    My entire world/life/contacts/messages are gone
    02-22-10 03:52 PM
    You should have read the message at the top of this forum. There was no need to reload the OS - just remove the app that caused the error.

If you didn't have a backup, or weren't synchronizing with Outlook, everything is gone. You should be able to restore a backup if you have one, though.
    02-22-10 04:10 PM
    Definitely take a look at the sticky in this forum. Xopher is correct, you could have tried removing the offending app first. However, it doesn't always work and in that case you will need to reload the OS (as you've done).

Make sure you always have a backup of your device data.

Seems the only permanent solutions are to upgrade your OS to 5 or not download or update apps. At least not too many.

You'll keep getting that error while using 4.7 OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD