RIM Product Manager Discusses the BlackBerry Curve 8520 | CrackBerry.com

its like tour release was here and gone already, they made and mfg'd and released shoddy Tour and they don't care anymore. why didn't they have something like this with Tour if Tmobile's is supposedly "low end" BB so i could ask why tour was made so ****tily with weak signal strength, loose batt. cover, screen ripples, and focked up headphone jack and trackball.
    07-28-09 09:55 PM
    Well the Tour release was here and indeed is gone already... It was a few weeks ago.

But yes, RIM QA needs a whoopin'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 09:58 PM
    Well the Tour release was here and indeed is gone already... It was a few weeks ago.

But yes, RIM QA needs a whoopin'

it seems to me like they were more focused on the "low end" release than "high end" tour...im stuck holding the bag with all these issues on the dam Tour, im like WTF! I'm def. swapping out my phone but im afraid that i'll end up with same problem but i've got all these issues with my tour so I have to swap it. No way i can go on like this for 2 years, even 1.
    07-28-09 10:08 PM
    Just wait until you start reading the 8520 posts from unhappy new owners and you'll be feeling pretty good about the Tour. Heck, after the Storm, RIM has no where to go but up!

07-28-09 10:27 PM
    Just wait until you start reading the 8520 posts from unhappy new owners and you'll be feeling pretty good about the Tour. Heck, after the Storm, RIM has no where to go but up!

That's funny because the Tour forum seems to have the same complaints as the Storm forum.

Call quality issues, battery door loose, screen ripple with torx fix, slow bootup and UI. Hmmm, sounds about the same. Only thing missing now are the OS leaks. Lol

07-28-09 10:32 PM

LOL...yeah, you're right about that. Tour is better than storm to me, but really I think when they decided to go mainstream, they made a huuuge mistake because to keep up with demand, they just started riff raffing the phones together, I mean what are they thinking? most die hard BB fans are veeery thorough, intelligent and loyal crowd and they wanna put a bag over our heads. I might be dumb to be keep buying BB's but its the best CDMA has to offer, but I ain't stupid. If Apple decides one day to come to CDMA, guess what, I will def. try them out. No reason to be loyal BB's anymore if they're gonna keep mass producing garbage!
    07-28-09 10:39 PM
    I really don't care. The Tour is a big deal to me. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Screw RIM (Just kidding. God I can only imagine the replys someone would get if they said that here lol)
    07-28-09 10:46 PM
    Call quality issues, battery door loose, screen ripple with torx fix, slow bootup and UI. Hmmm, sounds about the same. Only thing missing now are the OS leaks. Lol
    Are you for sure talking about the Tour? I think it is an amazing phone. I have none of the above problems. For sure you should swap it for another one.

07-28-09 10:46 PM
    Are you for sure talking about the Tour? I think it is an amazing phone. I have none of the above problems. For sure you should swap it for another one.

Lol, perhaps your small screen on your Tour is not allowing you to see all the problem posts in this forum.

I see them just fine on my larger screen.

07-28-09 10:58 PM
    I am in the "very happy camper" boat.

Boot up is slow, but not sure how that impacts me.

My battery door has a very slight movement to it. In fact I can only feel it a little bit, I can't actually see it move when I try. I could put it on a cmm at work to see if that could quantify it, but that wouldn't be a good use of company time.

I have looked for some of the other problems others talk about on cb, but I really can't find them.

Maybe I am lucky. I hope you guys get your issues sorted out.

(Maybe I am just not looking for the problems hard enough?)

07-28-09 11:07 PM
    (Maybe I am just not looking for the problems hard enough?)

Bingo......

07-28-09 11:11 PM
    The boot up was slow on the Curve 8330 so I wouldn't even call that an issue with the Tour.
    07-28-09 11:22 PM
    Bingo......

Hopefully I do not get sucked into the CB induced neurosis.
    07-28-09 11:23 PM
    My battery door wiggles, but at least my keyboard doesnt
    07-29-09 12:08 AM
    Wow, throwing down the gauntlet.
    07-29-09 12:12 AM
    My battery door wiggles too. It only started a couple days ago when I removed the battery to reset the tour because the tour hung up on me for no apparent reason.

I had the storm for a month and hated it. comparing apples to oranges, the tour is by far better than the storm. Of course, as with others, the cold boot is slow. I have it timed to about 7 minutes, but that's only because of all the apps I have loaded on this thing.

Is there any way to load the apps to the sdcard to free up space on the tour?
    07-29-09 01:09 AM
    I believe that they are focusing more on the 8520 because it's a revolutionary device for RIM. It utilizes the trackpad which is a new technology for RIM and we all know how everyone loves a new technology.

Just think of it like the Storm. It was the first touchscreen blackberry and everyone hopped all over it because it was a game changer. Now this one will also be a game changer for RIM.

I believe this is why we are seeing more for the 8520.
    07-29-09 01:25 AM
    I don't understand the Tour bashing because I have no issues with my Tour. I think its the best BlackBerry to date. As long as I can surf the web,recieve all my messages and make quality phone calls I'm okay with it. Its a solid device, so far so good.
    07-29-09 01:34 AM
    Same here no problems with my tour.

07-29-09 01:52 AM

Me too, I've had zero issues with this phone. It's been the best BB I've owned.
    07-29-09 05:21 AM
    Wow, throwing down the gauntlet.

Now that's funny!
    07-29-09 06:08 AM
    i have trackball issues when scrolling to the right and some play with my battery cover. i still enjoy it but i think i will probably switch with another device. the janky trackball issue is starting to wear on me and fast
    07-29-09 08:41 AM
    Has anyone had the muffled sound problem and decided to just keep the Tour anyway and not exchanging? Just curious.
    07-29-09 10:22 AM
    I think the muffled sound is because there is a sweet spot with the mike. If you hold the phone right, there is no problem, but if you like to have phone mike down by your neck, you will sound muffled. No biggie for me.
    07-29-09 10:27 AM
    Hopefully I do not get sucked into the CB induced neurosis.
    +1 on that statement. I'd rather be using my phone than looking for every failing in the phone. That said, my batt door doesn't wiggle, my trackball is smooth, my signal strength is great, but my screen does ripple...which bothers me about as much as the knowledge that at any given time, someone is farting somewhere in the world.
    07-29-09 11:51 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD