Called verizon about my track ball they suggested that I rub rubbing alcohol on it and do a battery pull. I said what? I'll bring u the alcohol and u can do it. Also when they do a device switch I want another 10dollar screen protector!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:07 AM
    Tell them your 30 days isn't up and you "suggest" they waddle to the back and get you a new phone.
    08-09-09 12:47 PM
    See, you called VZW, exactly, they don't want to send you anything, just go to the store, and go see someone. The woman at my local store was like "hey, grab this guy a new phone, his trackball is defective" took about 5 minutes
    08-09-09 12:50 PM
    I'm getting tired of hearing all you people whine over and over again about the same crap. We get it. You're not happy now stop making a million threads about the same crap. I personally have no complaints about my tour. The screen ripple bothers me but I barley notice it anymore, never had a track balls issue in the month I've had it so far and I fixed my battery door the second day with some 3M medical tape.

There's a ton of OS issues I have noticed but instead of whinning about them I'm waiting for the updated OS. Same thing with my first Pearl. Bought it the week it came out, it had issues, but once the updates started rolling out I had no issues, same with my curve, but soon as the updates were released no issues. So now everyone stop whinning and be patient. OS updates will be here before you know it and everything will be fine.

Sheesh the phones barley about to be a month old. At least its not a POS Storm. Wait for the devs to find all the bugs and address all the complaint issues and let them drop some updates.

Bunch of whinny women in here.

08-09-09 04:16 PM
    I'm getting tired of hearing all you people whine over and over again about the same crap. We get it. You're not happy now stop making a million threads about the same crap. I personally have no complaints about my tour. The screen ripple bothers me but I barley notice it anymore, never had a track balls issue in the month I've had it so far and I fixed my battery door the second day with some 3M medical tape.

There's a ton of OS issues I have noticed but instead of whinning about them I'm waiting for the updated OS. Same thing with my first Pearl. Bought it the week it came out, it had issues, but once the updates started rolling out I had no issues, same with my curve, but soon as the updates were released no issues. So now everyone stop whinning and be patient. OS updates will be here before you know it and everything will be fine.

Sheesh the phones barley about to be a month old. At least its not a POS Storm. Wait for the devs to find all the bugs and address all the complaint issues and let them drop some updates.

So you're ok with a brand new phone that needed 3m tape to fix it and has screen ripple? That's why they release them in this condition with this level of QA...people who are ok with "small" problems just to have the latest and greatest.

08-09-09 04:24 PM
    I'm fine with it because I barley notice it anymore and yes they should have had better QA but getting the phone replaced over and over again isn't going to solve anything. Its a brand new phone its going to have problems when was the last time a new phone came out and on day one had zero issues? You say I'm someone who wants the latest and greatest and your right that's how I am and so is everyone else that has a tour right now. All the people who bought the first batch of these phones and who were expecting perfection need to come back down to reality, nothing is perfect. Maybe next time they will wait 3-6 months before buying a new toy if they don't want to have the issues that a brand new phone has.

08-09-09 05:29 PM
    what tech would that be, we cannot say that you should put rubbing, onto the ball, the only thing we can do is exchange the phone, the tech is very stupid,
    08-09-09 05:31 PM
    Guess what they suggested
    You didn't give me time to guess. Ugh.

On a more serious note, if you're within 30 days get it exchanged. Sorry to hear your Tour had problems, and your new Tour gets the problems solved!
    08-09-09 05:36 PM
    I clean my phone once a week using the Alcohol Pads with 70% alcohol. it cleans the trackball and also wipes away any kind of oils from your fingers that were on the phone..
    08-09-09 06:03 PM

I have a storm I can sell you. It runs great! No problems at all!! I mean, its the biggest POS ever...but you know...its a new phone an all. Sure happy I kept it past the 30 day grace period...cause we all know they sorted those problems right out didn't they? Amirite?
    08-09-09 07:03 PM
    Soultaker, send me a PM next January and remind me not to complain when I buy my 2010 Dodge Ram and the door won't shut all the way and the steering wheel won't turn to the right.

Cuz, ya know, it'll be barely a month old and little stuff like that isn't worth complaining over - amirite?
    08-09-09 08:21 PM
    Soultaker, send me a PM next January and remind me not to complain when I buy my 2010 Dodge Ram and the door won't shut all the way and the steering wheel won't turn to the right.

Cuz, ya know, it'll be barely a month old and little stuff like that isn't worth complaining over - amirite?
    You mean barley. Like the grain.

08-09-09 08:42 PM
    I'm fine with it because I barley notice it anymore and yes they should have had better QA but getting the phone replaced over and over again isn't going to solve anything. Its a brand new phone its going to have problems when was the last time a new phone came out and on day one had zero issues? You say I'm someone who wants the latest and greatest and your right that's how I am and so is everyone else that has a tour right now. All the people who bought the first batch of these phones and who were expecting perfection need to come back down to reality, nothing is perfect. Maybe next time they will wait 3-6 months before buying a new toy if they don't want to have the issues that a brand new phone has.

I got my phone replaced ONCE and it is now PERFECT. No problems whatsoever, because that's what I PAID for: a device that operates/functions the way it is DESIGNED (not how it happens to performs due to "small problems"). I really don't care if you're sick of threads like this. It would have taken much LESS effort to just bypass the thread other than post essays from your BlackBerry. REALLY, get a life and get something else to complain about.
    08-09-09 08:50 PM
    I use alcohol too, to wipe the screens down, and dip a business card in a little to get the dust out of my storms. I see no problem with it. been using alcohol for 4 years on my vx6700
    08-09-09 08:56 PM
    I wouldnt recomend buying a 2010 dodge ram. Not that I don't like them, I am a certified Chrysler Techncian and I love anything Mopar, especially the new ram but chrylsers outlook isn't looking to bright for the future.

08-09-09 10:10 PM
    I use alcohol too. Wait. Wrong forum.

08-09-09 10:39 PM
    Yea i actually feel like a fool. I went into the store and they actually refused to give me another one because its a known issue, and i would just be swapping out to the same problem.

So i asked how are they planning to fix the problem and he started talking about software or RIM may come out with a new tour remodled and we can trade it in. Im not sure what I was on but i bought the BS. I try to be nice nowadays because i have a bunch of notes from using the storm. Im going to go to another store tmrw.
    08-10-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD