Hey all, first time new post. I just got my 9630 this week and I am very tech enabled person. I love my BB so far but really i've been having nothing but issues with my Tour, which hasn't got me that frustrated... til now. I had the app stuck downloading in Appworld (fixed with Alt R S T) then last night i had loaded a bunch of new apps and uninstalled a few. I did a battery pull after a few uninstalls last night and upon putting battery back in, got the Reload Software: 552 error.

I spent a few hours digging to answer and got the 4.7 apploader (VZW) and reloaded the phone (losing my contacts, txts, emails, etc) and still had the apps. I uninstalled the remaining apps that I had installed since i got my phone and now I am having a very elusive issue. Someone called me this morning and i pressed answer and said hi... hi.. looked at my screen and it was a grey screen with tiny text (much like a BSOD for Windows) and the device restarted. Just now i was checking a text and then pressed the lock button on the top left of the 9630 and got the same grey screen, hung for 5 seconds and then restarted.

Any clues? Should I reload the software again? is there any way to COMPLETELY format the internal memory with a new OS? I talked to VZW and they said to use it for a few more days and see how often it crashes (passing the buck no doubt). Thanks for your help and sorry for the wall of text.
    09-10-09 02:19 PM
    you can wipe the phone with bbsak or crackutil. I think both are free apps. both available on bbhybrids at no charge. You can wipe the phone and start from scratch with your official 4.7 (also on bbhybrids). That should take care of things for you.

Before you ever add or delete things, it is always a good idea to do a quick backup with DM or bbsak/crackutil. Let me know how you make out.
    09-10-09 02:43 PM
    you can wipe the phone with bbsak or crackutil. I think both are free apps. both available on bbhybrids at no charge. You can wipe the phone and start from scratch with your official 4.7 (also on bbhybrids). That should take care of things for you.

Before you ever add or delete things, it is always a good idea to do a quick backup with DM or bbsak/crackutil. Let me know how you make out.
    I will try this as soon as i get home today (couple hours) and let you know. Thanks very much for the tips. I'm getting a little more enthusiastic about fixing it myself instead of getting a new one as I feel its all software issues.
    09-10-09 02:50 PM
    Wow I have heard of Many Many people having issues but I think your's takes the cake.

The way I see it you have two options...
    1. you can continue to spend all your spare time searching the forums for the seemingly never-ending issues your Tour is giving you, and hopefully they'll eventually stop

OR

2. You can go back to Verizon and tell them you want a new phone that doesn't require end-user modification and correction to work the way it's intended to... that way with your spare time you can cruise the forums looking for fun stuff, new apps, themes, tips and tricks instead of how to fix your oddly debilitated and defective Tour.
    09-10-09 02:54 PM
    Wow I have heard of Many Many people having issues but I think your's takes the cake.

The way I see it you have two options...
    1. you can continue to spend all your spare time searching the forums for the seemingly never-ending issues your Tour is giving you, and hopefully they'll eventually stop

OR

2. You can go back to Verizon and tell them you want a new phone that doesn't require end-user modification and correction to work the way it's intended to... that way with your spare time you can cruise the forums looking for fun stuff, new apps, themes, tips and tricks instead of how to fix your oddly debilitated and defective Tour.
    Thanks for the tips ctylerforrest. I think i'm going to try the formatting and maybe mess with hybrids tonight. I think sometimes a little format magic fixes a lot of problems, kinda like with PCs. If all fails over the next couple days then i will probably end up calling Verizon instead of going in the store as i think the store might try giving me a refurb. Thanks again.
    09-10-09 03:07 PM
    You should get a BRAND NEW phone if you return it with problems during the 1st 30 days. NO refurbs.
    09-10-09 07:50 PM
    grrrrrrrr... spent all night last night trying to fix it. I wiped the OS with BBSAK and loaded the official with NO extra applications... was running fine.. as soon as i started using Slacker Radio or basically any App from appworld (i was trying to stay away from non-appworld apps) and my 9630 is still crashing constantly. It is way worse now. I bet it crashes once every hour. It only crashes when I am trying to do something fun on it. It will never ever crash if it is just sitting there on the home screen getting txts and emails all day. As SOON as I start having fun with it, it gives up. Going to Verizon store to demand a new one. Thanks for your help though ppl.
    09-11-09 09:05 AM
    Good luck. Remember a smile goes a lot further than a frown those corporate store peeps.
    09-11-09 09:29 AM
    Great News! I got a brannddd newwwww GREEN DOT Tour!!! They didn't give me 21 questions to answer, I just told them I have had it for less than a week and that I haven't really got to use it yet. Everything is working dandy now! Thanks again. I look forward to participating more in the forums here at CB. Later
    09-11-09 10:27 AM
    Yeah the random reboots are os related. I have maybe once every few days. It is happening to a bunch of people doing many different tasks on the phone. Me and my wife are both on our second tour, and still get random reboots. Hopefully you wont have the issue with your new tour.
    09-11-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD