So my track is officially going bad. This is a replacement tour and the box had a green dot. What gives? Do I replace it again? Is there an end to this bull. I'm almost wishing I would have changed to an iphone bc the usuability like this is garbage. I would rather have crappy att service and funtionality in my phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-19-09 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Language
    09-19-09 09:33 AM
    What is happening with your trackball specifically?

Yes, if the device is defective, get it replaced. Again.

If you're within your 30 days you can return it and cancel service for an iPhone.

If you're over your 30 days you can cancel service with the ETF.

There are quite a few folks on here that have been through 2-6 Tours before getting one that they are happy with.

i'm still on my first with no major issues. i think it's a great phone. But the decision to keep or return is yours. But definitely exchange a defective device if you are going to keep the service!

Good luck!
    09-19-09 09:36 AM
    bye now......good luck with the iphone. great phone..but bad reception.
    09-19-09 09:38 AM
    Mine is going bad to, trackball not going left... goes right fine, you can feel its the new track ball, feels completely different than old, but now has problem going left like old ones did
    09-19-09 10:03 AM
    I love people that get mad if someone says theyre thinking of switching carriers for a phone that actually functions as it should if they are not happy with the phone they purchsed by a different carrier.

You'd think you guys were on their payroll the way you cry or *****.
    09-19-09 10:10 AM
    i don't see any angry replies nor anyone crying. Just opinions and advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 12:39 PM
    Well when someone replies with "bye now...." after reading many threads where people feel overly protective over their cell provider, thats what it makes me think.
    09-19-09 12:48 PM
    bye now......good luck with the iphone. great phone..but bad reception.
    not going anywhere...been with VZW for years and don't want to give up good service...all i was saying was the bad phone was pissing me off.

they fixed it...the manager at the store tried to tell me the new software update would fix it...i showed him the about screen and said "you mean this one? .53...i updated last night." he then proceeded to fix it...new one is awesome

the trackball feels smooth as glass. after using my girlfriends trackball i am taking hers back to be replaced today...it makes a loud sound like something is broken inside too...weird...all i know is i have a tour with a smooth and functional trackball while i am still on my vzw network...so i am VERY happy!

chiplatham...you're a dbag...later
    09-21-09 09:50 AM
    I just purchased a Tour last Wednesday- I've been reading about the problems with the trackball and I've seen posts that continually reference this "Green Dot"- I've also read posts that suggest that handsets manufactured after a specific date (I believe 9/1) are OK.

Problem is...my handset box didn't have a green dot on it...and although it was purchased less than a week ago, I don't want to get beyond my 30 day window and be stuck with a handset that's gonna have trackball issues. I have no idea how to tell when it was made. The last thing I want to have is a handset that's gonna develop a known issue "post 30" and have to argue with VZW to send me a replacement- I do have the warranty plan.
    09-21-09 10:02 AM
    Just picked up a green dot tour yesterday. Hope this doesn't happen again. Can't wait until the trackpad is the RIM standard.
    09-21-09 10:15 AM
    Just picked up a green dot tour yesterday. Hope this doesn't happen again. Can't wait until the trackpad is the RIM standard.

Although I have not had an opportunity to sample of one of the BB units with the new trackpad, I have skepticisms regarding the track pad's response time and field of range that the trackball currently has. I have to imagine that precision movements and wide sweeping cursor movements would be better performed and handled on a trackball.

Yes, from videos that I have seen, it appears that it does an admirable job navigating from icon to icon, however, I have not seem much coverage in terms of efficient navigation on web pages and etc.

Perhaps I'll get a chance to check one of these units out in the near future, but feel free to chime in if I am mistaken in my theories.
    09-21-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD