Help..

all of a sudden now, my picture quality when taking pictures is crap, and the focus box that usually turns green when it locks on focus iis gone. The box acts like its focusing and finally does, but the focus box will not turn green like it should . It locks the focus but stays white ??

I tried a battery pull and QUICKPULL to no avail.

Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated
    11-23-09 03:24 PM
    Is your picture stabilization on?

Dm
    11-23-09 03:28 PM
    yes .... picture stabilizer has been on since I got the phone
    11-23-09 03:36 PM
    Strange, what os are you running?

EDIT: wait, you're on verizon.
    nevermind...

Good luck.
    Dm
    11-23-09 03:53 PM
    I don't know what being on Verizon has to do with anything but I'm on verizon and I'm not having this issue with my camera. Are you holding the shutter button half way to focus?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 05:00 PM
    I cant " hold " it half way down . As soon as you press the button it starts to focus and automatically take the picture . The GREEN box always popped in when it was in focus up until recently. Could it be since i upgraded recently to .61 ???

thanks again for all your help
    11-23-09 05:23 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. However, your post made me check my camera and I'm having the same issue that you report.

I updated to .61 last night and had no issues with the upgrade. I used the camera default convenience button the same way I always did, but as the camera focuses on the object the white box doesn't turn green prior to snapping the picture, just like you said. My pictures seem to be decent though, no obvious change in quality.

Very odd, I'm curious to know if others have noticed this. Thanks for posting about it, freekshow.
    11-23-09 05:31 PM
    im on .61 aswell my box doesnt turn green but the picture quality is the same.
    11-23-09 05:51 PM
    Hmm interesting. I'm running .61 and I get the green box. I'm using the default camera key. I did a wipe a fresh install so I don't know if that makes a difference.

11-23-09 05:56 PM
    I cant " hold " it half way down . As soon as you press the button it starts to focus and automatically take the picture . The GREEN box always popped in when it was in focus up until recently. Could it be since i upgraded recently to .61 ???

thanks again for all your help
    Which button are you using to take the picture? The camera button (right convenience key), the trackball, or the enter key? The camera button can be half depressed for focus, that is what it was made for. I personally would prefer using the trackball for the shutter release, but use the camera button otherwise the pictures are sometimes out of focus.

11-23-09 06:32 PM
    YOUR RIGHT !! When I use the " camera " button on the right side, the green focus box does occur, but when I use the trackball, it does not. I have always used the trackball to take pics since the day I got the phone and have ALWAYS had the green focus box pop up. It HAS to have something to do with the .61 update I would assume. I have had the phone since September and had no issues until the last couple days . I know it sounds petty, it just bothers me why it would start now. PLUS, when I use the camera button on the right side to take pics so that the green focus box comes up, my pictures are always blurry because i move the camera a tad when i depress the button ;-)

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR INPUT :-)
    11-23-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD