So I was finally up for newal/upgrade yesterday and went in to a store to get my tour. Verizon has the buy one get one sale right now but they wanted $100 for each (mail in rebate). I knew this was not the case for online purchases, so I went home and hopped online. My wife is also up for renewal so she could get the second tour.
    I was able to get 2 Tour's for a total of $49. WOW

$249 - 2yr contract price
    -$100 - online promotion
    -$100 - new every 2 (I was grandfathered in and still had the $100 credit)
    =$49.00
    second tour was $0

Wow what a deal. Can't wait for delivery!! Fedex tracker says it's on the truck for delivery, Christmas in August!!
    08-28-09 09:45 AM
    cant complain about that... there isn't a whole ton you can get for 49 bucks these days congrats!
    08-28-09 11:02 AM
    I'm jealous! My wife and I switched over from Alltel as new customers when the Tour was released. I got a the Tour for $199 and she got a Curve for $49. With all of these great deals just over a month later, I feel completely ripped off!

The wife really likes the Tour's keyboard better, and I was seriously considering trying to get Verizon to cut uws a better deal, but she's already dropped her Curve and cracked the screen cover. Women...
    08-28-09 11:07 AM
    Oh don't feel so bad. I just bought my tour about two weeks ago for 300. Just within these two weeks I've seen so many deals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:11 AM
    Oh don't feel so bad. I just bought my tour about two weeks ago for 300. Just within these two weeks I've seen so many deals.

This is the only thing I hate about buying new electronics. And if you wait and get a better deal, then the next new phone will be announced a month later like the Storm 2, Curve w/ trackpad, etc.

I guess this is by design to keep the consumer wanting more, but it still irritates me.
    08-28-09 11:28 AM
    finally received my fedex package!
    One of the two tours is without camera, what the heck.
    All i know is i am taking the one with camera and the wife has to wait to get the other one exchanged.

Wish everyone could somehow get the reduced pricing. I was gonna get the tour when it first came out but my newal was not up yet, guess it all worked out!!
    08-28-09 01:33 PM

You are entitled to receive the difference. If you paid the $299.99 price within the last 30 days, you can call up customer service and they can credit you the $50 difference. The current price is $249.99
    08-28-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD