cuz i broke my other one. but this one the trackball seems to be like sunken in, as my old tour it stuck out a bit more. why is this? i hoep there isn't nothing wrong
    04-16-10 04:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/2-...please-454768/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 05:39 PM
    I posted about this exact issue a few days ago and didn't get many welcome replies...
    04-16-10 09:12 PM
    I posted about this exact issue a few days ago and didn't get many welcome replies...
    Cassith, I saw that thread and only remember one post that was not exactly a friendly welcome (there's always one isn't there?), but a couple of people did give their opinions about these new trackballs in that thread and one or two other threads that I have seen. Not many people seem to have these yet on CB. I do not have one, but have read only a few posts about them and for the most part people seem to be happy with their performance, even though it may feel a little different at first, they get used to them I guess and they seem to work fine from what I have read.
    PS, welcome back to CrackBerry!
    PSS, i'm a nOOb here under this username.
    04-16-10 09:47 PM
    Honestly, only a couple of answers were nice. I'm a frequent poster on another board(mostly women, go figure ) and I have never been "greeted" like that, no matter what the question or comment. I have noticed there is always someone that needs to get a dig in here on crackberry. Might be why I was gone for so long... I did appreciate the people who gave me advice or contributed to the post though. Anyways, I think you might be right, I just need to get used to the feel and cross my fingers that the tb won't crap out on me after my 30 days is up!

Cassith, I saw that thread and only remember one post that was not exactly a friendly welcome (there's always one isn't there?), but a couple of people did give their opinions about these new trackballs in that thread and one or two other threads that I have seen. Not many people seem to have these yet on CB. I do not have one, but have read only a few posts about them and for the most part people seem to be happy with their performance, even though it may feel a little different at first, they get used to them I guess and they seem to work fine from what I have read.
    PS, welcome back to CrackBerry!
    PSS, i'm a nOOb here under this username.
    04-17-10 12:25 AM
    The trackball issue has been something that seems to be a lingering issue with the BlackBerry devices, but I have never had a problem. I think that I have had around 7 BlackBerry smartphones and have yet to encounter a trackball issue. I actually prefer the trackball to the trackpad. I appreciate the added tactile feedback of the trackball. And now that they are making black trackballs, I don't have to worry about them getting dirty.

04-17-10 05:39 AM
    i agree. My new Tours TB is more sunken in. However it feels better than my original Tour in that it seems to grip better, roll better and smoother. i like the new TBs.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ju...k-ball-453516/

That's cassith thread on the same topic. My advice is the same: if the trackball is working, don't send it back. It just has a different feel.

04-17-10 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD