I've been running around crackberry.com for a long time and i love the insight that is rampant around here. You all have been a huge help as i have moved through the blackberry world from the 8830 to the curve to the storm back to the curve back to the storm and now as a verizon customer i have found the next great thing. the tour has been fantastic. i was able to get one sent to me by a friendly person and it has been amazing. i recommend anyone who is working with the storm and unhappy to make the switch. i'm so happy its finally been announced and the real excitement can begin for those who don't have it yet. i feel as though i'm pretty experienced with a blackberry so if anyone has any questions for a regular joe user, fire away.
    06-16-09 05:06 PM
    I've been running around crackberry.com for a long time and i love the insight that is rampant around here. You all have been a huge help as i have moved through the blackberry world from the 8830 to the curve to the storm back to the curve back to the storm and now as a verizon customer i have found the next great thing. the tour has been fantastic. i was able to get one sent to me by a friendly person and it has been amazing. i recommend anyone who is working with the storm and unhappy to make the switch. i'm so happy its finally been announced and the real excitement can begin for those who don't have it yet. i feel as though i'm pretty experienced with a blackberry so if anyone has any questions for a regular joe user, fire away.
    sounds like a great phone, I cant wait till its released so i can have one myself. how fast is the browser running on verizon compared to the storm?
    06-16-09 05:08 PM
    PLEASE tell me the camera on the Tour is faster than the one on the Storm?!?!?!
    06-16-09 05:11 PM
    On which OS version is your phone running?
    06-16-09 05:12 PM
    What carrier? What OS? Where are the pictures? It doesn't count unless you have proof!!! Sorry to be hard on you but I need to see it in action in order believe it.
    06-16-09 05:16 PM
    Yes how is the camra on the tour? How's the battery life?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 05:16 PM
    i feel as though the browser is much better than the storm. i wasn't sold on storm's browser and it never excited me. the tour's is very smooth and as far as i can tell pretty quick.

i am running 4.7.1.26 which is what it came with. i'm not experienced enough to be messing around with the OS
    06-16-09 05:20 PM
    im still playing with the camera and will report back shortly. the battery life has been pretty solid, although i havent really tested it yet.
    06-16-09 05:21 PM
    Like CX said... Any OS after the .28 is amazing with the battery. The battery in mine lasts longer than the one in my curve.

The camera is really really fast, and amazing. I took the same pic from a Javelin and then in my Tour and the difference is pretty big. The Tour kicks ****
    06-16-09 05:22 PM
    does it have sure type? how is the camera?
    06-16-09 05:23 PM
    Is there a way to take a pic of it (in your hand) and put it in your avatar
    06-16-09 05:26 PM
    IF you guys really have a Tour, then congrats and I am extremely jealous. lol
    06-16-09 05:28 PM
    IF you guys really have a Tour, then congrats and I am extremely jealous. lol
    06-16-09 05:30 PM
    i as well would like to know about the camera. my phone now has the worst shutter lag ever. i hit the button to take the picture and by the time it takes it, what i wanted to take a picture of is no longer there. ha
    06-16-09 05:30 PM
    Wait a second...did this come in an official RIM box (as in a final production unit)? Did your friend let you in on any release date information? Please post pics! Thanks!!
    06-16-09 05:31 PM
    How did you get it so early? I would have to agree with crackavelli, I need to see a pic.
    06-16-09 05:32 PM
    Wait a second...did this come in an official RIM box (as in a final production unit)? Did your friend let you in on any release date information? Please post pics! Thanks!!
    i like your new avatar jorGeorge. at first glance i thought "wo that bold looks sexy". i can't wait for this phone
    06-16-09 05:34 PM
    Lets see some proof!!!
    06-16-09 05:40 PM
    Congrats!

Enjoy!
    06-16-09 05:41 PM
    pictures or it didn't happen! lol!! I agree with the pp take a picture with your screenname on a piece of paper with the phone and say cheese!! lol!! congrats on your phone, it's not like we have much longer to wait just what a week or so? lol!!

Is there a way to take a pic of it (in your hand) and put it in your avatar
    06-16-09 05:44 PM
    Just took a pic with the pearl and it didn't do it justice. I will get a better one when I get back home

06-16-09 05:46 PM
    Is your Tour branded? If so, by which carrier?

Thanks!
    06-16-09 05:56 PM
    Does the tour have a standby mode like the Bold, 8800 and old Curve?
    ... pressing and holding the mute key for a second or two.

Before anyone tells me the lock key does the same thing... it doesn't!
    06-16-09 06:13 PM
    It is branded and its Verizon which is printed on the bottom of the front

06-16-09 06:19 PM
    Black chrome bezel?
    06-16-09 06:21 PM
317 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD