So I got my new phone from Asurion after I destroyed my screen
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/oh...screen-287515/

but there's one problem with the new one

THE DAMN TRACKBALL!!!!!!

Same issues: problems scrolling left and right (worse going right).

Great thing about Asurion, they sent me a brand new phone as a replacement for my broken screen. I told them about the trackball problem and they are sending me a new one (overnight shipping) . . and for both phones, I just have to send back the broken phones and they are telling me to keep all accessories (batteries, memory/sim cards, chargers . . . everything) so the cool thing is that I'm going to have 3 of everything except the phone. Not bad considering what I've been through the past couple of days walking around with a screenless blackberry.
    08-07-09 11:24 PM
    hmmmm. sounds good. good to know that the 7.99 i pay a month is worth it if godforbid anything happens to my tour.
    and glad its not a refurbished one.
    thanks for the heads up.
    08-07-09 11:26 PM
    $7.99? I pay $4.99 i think
    08-07-09 11:34 PM
    I think you pay 5.99. It was 5.99 with a $50 deductible, now I believe it's 7.99 with a 90$ deductible? or 70... one of those.
    08-07-09 11:49 PM
    Not a bad deal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 01:44 AM
    I just wish you could charge the detuctable to your account.
    08-08-09 02:35 AM
    The $50 deductible doesn't apply anymore. Any tour purchases would be an $89 deductible.
    08-08-09 02:37 AM
    The $50 deductible doesn't apply anymore. Any tour purchases would be an $89 deductible.
    I paid a $50 deductible for my new Tour.
    08-08-09 06:48 AM
    I just wish you could charge the detuctable to your account.
    I know w/Sprint u can charge the deductible to ur account.

08-08-09 07:54 AM
    The Asurion Insurance is a good and all, but as soon as the Tour is out on the Market for a little while, Asurion will be sending out refurbished phones as replacements.

I'm just happy that I picked up my Tour from the VZ store the other night without any problems.

Turned in my Storm after only getting it in March and having 3 replacements of it because of defective software.
    08-08-09 08:01 AM
    The Asurion Insurance is a good and all, but as soon as the Tour is out on the Market for a little while, Asurion will be sending out refurbished phones as replacements.

I'm just happy that I picked up my Tour from the VZ store the other night without any problems.

Turned in my Storm after only getting it in March and having 3 replacements of it because of defective software.
    mine came in with a sealed box . . . used them once before with a windows device that was a over a year old and they still sent me a brand new one in a sealed box
    08-08-09 11:02 AM
    I know w/Sprint u can charge the deductible to ur account.

Not with verizon. I promise. I am on my 2nd insurance replacement. :P
    08-08-09 10:45 PM
    got the new one and it's perfect . . . trackball, battery door . . . no problems! woohoo!
    08-10-09 09:28 PM
    mine came in with a sealed box . . . used them once before with a windows device that was a over a year old and they still sent me a brand new one in a sealed box

the other guy was right as long as the phone is new you will receive a new phone but with overwhelming returns its only a matter of time.....but from my understanding a referb is only used guts everything else is new.....and with sprint it is a 100 deductible and i believe that with sprint or any other carrier asurion will take you off the insurance if you make more than two claims in a twelve month period......the same insurance company works for different cariers....i could be wrong tho...please tell me if i am
    08-11-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD