What am I doing wrong here?

Its not really helpful if you put in on the phone and it doesn't make it to the desktop.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing improperly...
    01-01-10 07:31 AM
    I could never get this part of it working. It would only sync for me when I entered it on the computer, and sent to the phone.

I quit using Google Calendar because of this.
    01-01-10 08:41 AM
    If you do not get your answer here to resolve your concern, the you may want to check with google.

Google Support/help
    01-01-10 08:54 AM
    Has anyone got this to work? It says on their website that it will synch both ways.
    01-01-10 09:01 AM
    Just on the outside chance, check your firewall settings, if it enabled try to disable it and see if this helps.
    01-01-10 09:44 AM
    FW settings on the router?
    01-01-10 09:46 AM
    FW settings on the router?
    nope in the phone - options>security options>firewall
    01-01-10 09:53 AM
    I had the same problem a few months ago. I found that even though my default calendar was set to my google calendar, I still had a 2nd calendar on my bb labeled "Default". Apparently some of my calendar entries were made on "Default" and not my google calendar, thus not syncing with the desktop.

Open your calendar and select the menu. If you see an option for "select calendar" click on it. You might have 2 calendars on there like I had. If so, highlight the "Default" calendar and type m-o-v-e (w/out hypens) and all entries on the "Default" will be moved to your google calendar. Then do a battery pull. When the reboot is complete, run google sync and you should be good to go.

This happens to me every so often and I can't explain why. So whenever I see "select calendar" as a menu option, I know to run through this process and get it back to normal.
    01-01-10 09:56 AM
    I had the same problem a few months ago. I found that even though my default calendar was set to my google calendar, I still had a 2nd calendar on my bb labeled "Default". Apparently some of my calendar entries were made on "Default" and not my google calendar, thus not syncing with the desktop.

Open your calendar and select the menu. If you see an option for "select calendar" click on it. You might have 2 calendars on there like I had. If so, highlight the "Default" calendar and type m-o-v-e (w/out hypens) and all entries on the "Default" will be moved to your google calendar. Then do a battery pull. When the reboot is complete, run google sync and you should be good to go.

This happens to me every so often and I can't explain why. So whenever I see "select calendar" as a menu option, I know to run through this process and get it back to normal.
    Great info, I hope this works for the OP and they posts the results.
    01-01-10 10:00 AM

This should work for you. I had a stinker of a time with duplicate calendar entries and finally was able to remove the duplicate calendar and have it stay gone! So now I only have on calendar (I no longer have the above mentioned "select calendar" menu option) and if I enter something on my BBerry calendar, it will sync over to my Google Calendar. So hopefully this fixes your issue. Good luck!!
    01-01-10 10:06 AM
    Somehow the BB has created a calendar for every gmail account I monitor. I'm sure this is part of the problem. I have to monitor 3 google emails for my business, one personal google email, and then somehow facebook is on there too.

How do I get rid of the other calendars so that they are not even an option?
    01-01-10 02:41 PM
    Somehow the BB has created a calendar for every gmail account I monitor. I'm sure this is part of the problem. I have to monitor 3 google emails for my business, one personal google email, and then somehow facebook is on there too.

How do I get rid of the other calendars so that they are not even an option?
    Try going into Advanced Options and then into ServiceBooks. That is where I deleted the Facebook calendar. It says iCal or something like that. The other google emails may be in there too. Good luck!
    01-01-10 03:32 PM
    I deleted the calendar service books for all unused calendars.

I also got rid of the default calendar.

The FW on my BB was already disabled.

I am still not getting it to synch to the google desktop. This is really weird... I have 2 test events on there that won't move over. Grrrr....

I do have 3 sub calendars related to the one gmail calendar I am trying to synch with but that shouldn't matter right?
    01-01-10 03:43 PM
    When I run google synch on the berry, it says nothing has changed despite me adding more test events to the calendar.
    01-01-10 03:45 PM
    Uh oh, I think it finally worked! I'm not sure what I did... I better keep wearing these socks
    01-01-10 03:49 PM
    Uh oh, I think it finally worked! I'm not sure what I did... I better keep wearing these socks
    Yeah, I fixed my Google calendar issue but not really sure exactly how. Basically, searched a bunch of threads and tried a lot of different suggestions I read... and eventually, it worked. I think it is a matter of finding the magical combination. I'm glad it worked for ya.
    01-01-10 03:53 PM
    Ok, I'm back...

Why is this so freakin' complicated????

I just updated to the latest firmware, and guess what? It's not working again.

I now have the "select calendar" option due to the fact that I added some groups in my BB messenger service so that now shows up in addition to my gmail calendar.

I did the "move" thing and it didn't change a thing.

I did notice that under the options for my gmail calendar that it is set to "no" for wireless synchronization and that it's grey'd out so I can't change it.

Help. This is driving me nuts!!!!
    01-10-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD