I'm using google maps pretty extensively as I'm on a trip to new york and have a couple questions.
    1. Is there anyway to import my google maps into the app. I have planned my whole trip from computer and saved everything to my maps in google hoping to navigate my way through city with BB. If not is there any way to view google maps from the browser. I tried with IE identified but no luck.
    2. Are there an shortcut keys in the google maps app. The app appears to be designed for the storm as everything is based off of a touchscreen. The only shortcuts I have found are the standard I and O for zooming in and out, but there other icons on the screen I don't know how to access.
    3. Is there anyway to have the app alert you somehow when a turn is approaching. I'm not a big fan of having to stare at the screen to see if I'm close to my next step. I realize it isn't turn by turn, but since it follows me anyway it'd be nice to see the distance to next step.

Thanks for any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:58 AM
    1) Try using Bolt browser instead of the BB one. I just tested it and it works with online google maps and also allows you to load your maps. And, it is faster than the BB browser.
    2) Don't know - Google maps app has not worked well with Sprint Tour's GPS (but apparently works with Verizon's) and I haven't really used it much for that reason.
    3) Why don't you just use Telenav, if you want turn by turn?
    08-15-09 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD