I have this comfort with RIM to the point where everything else feels awkward. Then again, I have been using berries since I was 14. So that explains a lot. Be sure to post your findings comparing one another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your statement might carry more weight if you told us your current age. For all we know, you might be 15 now. As for the Droid, I read the full review on Engadget and it didn't seem to live up to the hype. 5mp camera is hit or miss, phone app sucks, and the music UI is terrible. There were, however, some good things about it though.

(OP) Head on over to Engadget.com and read the review (if you haven't already) before you jump ship and head to "greener" pastures.
    11-02-09 07:59 PM
    Engadget's review wasn't bad, here are some others and they are pretty good.

The BGR preview

CNET review

Phone Arena review
    11-02-09 08:13 PM
    Good luck OP. I made the mistake of trading my Tour for the Hero, then again it was using 1.5 android. Hope the Droid has everything you looking in a phone...If not, we welcome you back with open arms.

11-02-09 08:36 PM
    haha, i like this
    Don't worry about his guy. He flames everyone. Proof? Look at his post.
    11-02-09 08:42 PM
    Good luck OP. I made the mistake of trading my Tour for the Hero, then again it was using 1.5 android. Hope the Droid has everything you looking in a phone...If not, we welcome you back with open arms.

Thanks man!!!!
    11-02-09 08:44 PM
    Really disappointed in the browser test on Engadget. On that POS AT&T network the 3GS smoked the Droid in page rendering. Viddler.com - DROID vs. 3GS browser speed test - Uploaded by engadget
    11-02-09 08:54 PM
    Getting a Phone just because there's a "buzz" about it is a big mistake. I would wait for the user reviews and final verdict as far as the Droid goes. To the OP I hope you don't regret your decision.
    11-02-09 09:21 PM
    I'm waiting for a better android phone on verizon however I may just settle for the droid when it comes out depending on how much it costs me.

I love my blackberry but I also love the droids flip out keyboard and touch screen. I will wait a week thought to look for announcements on a better faster android on verizon.

Edit: Oh and OP I like your TRY at showing off to us that you are getting a Droid. We don't care. Have fun spending more money on another phone... That 500 dollars (bet thats how much its going to be on full retail) will serve me well on something else .
    11-02-09 09:24 PM
    I'm waiting for a better android phone on verizon however I may just settle for the droid when it comes out depending on how much it costs me.

I love my blackberry but I also love the droids flip out keyboard and touch screen. I will wait a week thought to look for announcements on a better faster android on verizon.

Edit: Oh and OP I like your TRY at showing off to us that you are getting a Droid. We don't care. Have fun spending more money on another phone... That 500 dollars (bet thats how much its going to be on full retail) will serve me well on something else .
    Not trying to show off. I'm getting it for 200.00 on a new 2 year. Thanks for your concern though.
    11-02-09 09:52 PM
    Really disappointed in the browser test on Engadget. On that POS AT&T network the 3GS smoked the Droid in page rendering. Viddler.com - DROID vs. 3GS browser speed test - Uploaded by engadget
    they were both on wifi, just fyi.
    11-02-09 11:12 PM
    Not trying to show off. I'm getting it for 200.00 on a new 2 year. Thanks for your concern though.
    Actually you are. By posting this you are saying to us all "Look at me I'm getting a droid".
    11-02-09 11:18 PM
    All the flaming aside...

I personally feel like the Droid's hardware is very bland and to some extent ugly. I like the build of the Tour. It's sleek, professional and even has some wow factor with the gorgeous screen resolution and the way everything looks good together.

I can't get over that ugly navigation button on the Droid.

Hope your switch is a happy one... If not I'll save you a spot on BBM lol

11-03-09 12:10 AM
    I'll be trying out the Droid too. What's the worst that can happen? I won't like it during my 30 days and I'll take it back and head back to my trusty Tour.

If I do happen to like it, I sell my Tour on eBay, and make back a large chunk of the retail price for the Droid ($559, actually). It'll be like I just bought it on a new 2 year contract, except I won't have to extend.

My roommate has a G1. I really like how open it is. He can load all sorts of different OS's on it (currently running the Hero ROM with Sense UI). When the Droid gets rooted or whatever, it'll be that much better (the hardware destroys the G1 and every other Android phone out there). Who knows, maybe someone will even be clever enough to port over that gorgeous SE Rachael GUI.
    11-03-09 12:26 AM
    Getting a Phone just because there's a "buzz" about it is a big mistake. I would wait for the user reviews and final verdict as far as the Droid goes. To the OP I hope you don't regret your decision.
    Do you mean like the way people did for the Storm?
    11-03-09 04:32 AM
    I just want to try something new. We have all heard that right? I may come back. The Tour is a VERY nice phone. Just want a little more bells and whistles. If it don't work out I will bring the Tour back into service.
    Right there with you. Tour is nice, but RIM just keeps putting out the same old OS. Yes, if it works why change it right? How many companies have said that before? Lol.

I truley believe Android is the future. The open source OS is what developers need to put the top applications out there.

I may regret this Friday, but I would regret it more if I didn't give it a try. The reviews and large amount of videos have me more than convinced this is where I want to go. Besides, 2.0 is a big jump from 1.0. Google actually listened to its users and adjusted accordingly. Imagine that, a company that listens to the people and actually implements things. If they can have this OS at oly 1 year, who knows where it will go.

Last edited by mjs31; 11-03-09 at 04:43 AM.
    11-03-09 04:39 AM
    Yup same, I've left RIM for another phone, couldn't stand it.....came back to RIM. Love it!

Seeing has how RIM's marketshare has flatlined and is now dropping, many aren't coming back or aren't choosing RIM in the first place.
    11-03-09 05:07 AM
    Seeing has how RIM's marketshare has flatlined and is now dropping, many aren't coming back or aren't choosing RIM in the first place.
    Link to facts?
    11-03-09 07:40 AM
    Thats what I'm talking about. Look, I'm getting a Droid.
    11-03-09 07:42 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD