A refurbished tour 9630 gift for my daughter. ten days and her friends could not hear her voice on the phone. somehow resolved. battery seemed dead. I bought a new original one. nothing to do. Change battery. for a few seconds starts working then it is dead. In Italy they do not repair this model. the computer sees it for a few seconds then it disappears: no battery. Can anybody help me? where shall I send it to have it repaired? Thanks
    08-18-11 01:26 PM
    I have seen where some people on here have had problems with the battery connections. Might try cleaning with eraser or just wipe off good and make sure battery is in good
    08-18-11 06:27 PM
    Batteries are both original and new. My daughter tried formatting 9630 because she hoped I could send it back and have it repaired. i suspect it is a "mechanical" problem, a broken thread or something like this. If a remove the battery and insert it again and try connecting to electricity or computer , it starts..... and dies again
    Is there a way to charge a battery before inserting it into the phone?
    I have BB 8520 (I hope it is the correct number!) but the batteries have different sizes. Thanks for help anna
    08-19-11 05:00 AM
    About cleaning with an eraser, I was refering to the contacts on the battery and the phone where the battery connects. Making sure there is good contact. You might try to make sure the USB port is clean, free of lint. Do you get any indication on the phone that it is charging when you plug it in ( a lightning bolt over the battery icon). Have you tried a wall charger, pluging it into a PC. both methods? Does the phone work while pluged in to a charger?
    Seidio does make a charger that can be used on just the battery when removed from the phone, but not sure of the cost. I have limited experience, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can give you more information.
    08-19-11 06:41 AM
    Thanks indeed! I have tried every possible solution. Wall PC etc. It flashes for a secon then it stops. The phone doesn't work when plugged into a charger. It began working twice for a few seconds. I have just bought a battery charger. I have a Blackberry and I can use the charger if I have it...
    I bought it a few hours ago and I will receive it on Friday next. I'll continue trying and I'll let you know if something new happens. Thanks again
    08-19-11 08:42 AM
    Ok your advice worked. thanks indeed. And the battery charger is perfect. Now I'm havig big trouble in configuring it to work with vodafone. it .
    08-28-11 12:30 PM
    Ah, I am glad you are making head way.
    08-28-11 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD