Should I even call verizon for the global thing? What other steps should I even do? I heard data is really expensive over there, so maybe I'll just turn it off. Not sure though.

I have unlimited data right now, so would it even cost me more money or what?

This is confusing.

And before people say, "this is your vacation!", I'm bringing my phone to keep in contact with my family who's not going, and also to see if I get any school emails.
    12-25-09 01:33 PM
    not sure about verizon but sprint has an unlimited data add on u can buy and its pro rated while u have it. i add it when i leave and works fine. enjoy the trip and send pics when you get back.
    12-25-09 02:27 PM
    Yes, call VZW ans they will all the info you need to know. Rate, coverage, etc. They have direct number for the global group and they are open today.

800-711-8300
    12-25-09 02:56 PM
    Called. data is gonna be 15 dollars all together. all unlimited. will only have to pay calls/txts, which is fine. Giving everyone my email so they can email me.

And quick question, I'll be able to sign on aim and such cause data's free, right?
    12-25-09 03:17 PM
    Punta Cana is great!!! I called Verizon before I left the three times I have been there and never had any trouble adding international service to my plan. Much cheaper than calling direct from there. Have a great time!!!!
    12-25-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD