1. Morningstar777's Avatar
    I'm a soon-to-be BB newbie. It is time for me to upgrade phones with Verizon and I'm ready to make the jump to a BB. I have been going back and forth trying to decide on the Storm or the Curve 8330, now the Tour is supposedly coming to Verizon in mid-July. I'm getting itchy to get my hands on a BB. However, I'm not sure whether to wait (for who knows how accurate 07.13.09 really is) for the Tour or just jump on the Curve/Storm. I was interested in the Storm until I read so many negative posts and now Verizon fails the patch and Storm 2 coming. Should I grab the Curve for $50 (with discount) or hold off for Tour? Need some advice!
    05-12-09 09:52 PM
  2. Zach7's Avatar
    The tour looks to be a great device. If you are wanting to get the tour, you should wait. But if the curve looks good, I don't know how you could wait another 2 months without a BB. Good luck!
    05-12-09 09:59 PM
  3. JBB89's Avatar
    It's your preference. Whatever you feel more comfortable with. and remember with the tour, it is a new device and is bound to have bugs.
    05-12-09 10:00 PM
  4. csiguy1's Avatar
    If you can wait, I would go for the Tour. If you cannot wait, get the cheap curve and when you get the Tour the transition will be very easy.
    05-12-09 10:00 PM
  5. Morningstar777's Avatar
    Well that's what I was concerned about with the Tour - bugs. Especially being new to BB. Most people I know who have the Curve really like it because it is a solid workhorse. With all the hype over the Tour, one side of me says wait and the other says how accurate is the 7/13 prediction and how frustrating with the bugs be?

    Any thoughts on buying a used Curve and using it until the Tour arrives then do my 2 yr upgrade for the Tour? How does that work with Verizon? Do they care if people do that?
    05-12-09 10:16 PM
  6. supermann423's Avatar
    wait for the tour
    05-12-09 10:18 PM
  7. Iceman's Avatar
    Go with the curve. It is a solid device that's stood the test of time...
    05-12-09 10:18 PM
  8. richro's Avatar
    Not another one of these threads...
    05-12-09 10:49 PM
  9. 808bb's Avatar
    my 2cents wait for the Tour.
    05-12-09 10:50 PM
  10. Granolamonkey's Avatar
    I'm actually having the same issue...I'm on Verizon, want to get my first BlackBerry, and can't decide whether to use my upgrade on a Curve at $40 (via Best Buy) or wait for the Tour.

    Although I can't imagine the Curve getting any cheaper, I also can't imagine it would go up in price over the next two months. That being said, the Tour looks a whole bunch better (I really like the way the OS looks), so I figure I'll wait the 2 months and make a decision then.

    I figure worst case scenario is that I wait 2 months to get a Curve, which is not the end of the world, and best case scenario is that I end up getting a Tour instead, and being really glad I showed the patience.
    05-12-09 11:00 PM
  11. SilverLight98's Avatar
    Wait. Either for the storm to get an upgrade or for the tour to come out. If you get the storm now you probably won't be happy

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 11:14 PM
  12. juniorfan's Avatar
    My advice would be to wait for the Tour.

    Yet, like most people, I don't follow my advice, and would pick up a Curve off Ebay then try and sell it when the Tour comes out and minimize your cost as much as possible.
    05-13-09 12:00 AM
  13. noaim's Avatar
    my advice is to just wait until the tour at least comes out so you can compare all the devices by walking into a store and make a educated decision

    Its hard to choose you first berry but make sure its a device that you like so your willing to really learn how to use it to its full potential

    there is a ton of information on this site and this can help with your decision as well
    05-13-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD