So I have spent the last couple of months absolutly salivating over the Tour and all of the features that is will have over my 8703e.

Since it was my first Berry and brought me to my current level of fanaticism, it will always haven a special place in my heart. I remember opening the box for the first time and how I coveted it like a newborn child when I first got it. Since then I learned so much about what it means to have a Blackberry and finding out all that I can do with it.

Now I that I have pre-ordered my Tour and it is set to arrive on Tuesday I am in a perpetual state of checking VZW.com to see if there are any updates on my order. Till I actually get it and will then spend the next few days playing with it, I wanted to take a few minutes and think about what differences there will be between the devices and what I really looking forward to. If I had to list them it would be:

-Trackball!
    -3G
    -BB App store!

So what say you? Have anything that you want to throw in? Post them here
    07-12-09 12:14 AM
    The memory and full keyboard I have a pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:26 AM
    Right there with you... Just pre-ordered the Tour and I'm sure I'll be happy with how it compares to my venerable 8703e (which I do love).
    07-12-09 01:01 AM
    Well, as much as I love the 8703...I really love the Tour! I think you made a good choice. I would not have jumped on it if I didn't think it was a solid phone. I spent about an hr. messing with it.

There are some things that are nicer about the 8703. The web browser is a little hard to get used to. I liked how large everything was on the 8703. Everything is Tiny on the Tour without having to zoom in. Although, I don't think its a big deal. The keyboard is also hard to get used to (especially if you have big hands). The keys on the 8703 are spaced out much nicer (but its also a wider device).

It is also a little easier for me to hold onto the 8703 due to its chunky design, and channels on the side (nice for holding onto when sliding out of the holster).

Good luck with yours! Let me know how you like it!
    07-12-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD