Anyone else? Yes, I know this is the Tour forum and I do love my Tour, but I had the Storm 1 and hated its typing etc, but from the recent videos it does look like the Storm 2 has come full circle. Now, this being said, it would take a lot for me to leave a physical keyboard. I am just wanting to give it a whirl to see what it can do.
    08-22-09 10:21 PM
    I've heard so many bad things about storm1 but I think I'm going to give Storm 2 a try after its been out 6 months or so. I want to let RIM work the bugs out.
    08-22-09 10:28 PM
    Wierd post??? I don't get why people thing the storm one is so terrible? It's the third best selling phone in the world. That don't happen with junk. I have never had a single prob with mine, except when, goofing around with the software, themes, apps not of blackberry world. If people have issues operating the storm 1, then how is the storm 2 going to fill the void?
    08-22-09 10:34 PM
    Wait! I know, better technology all around!!!!!
    08-22-09 10:35 PM
    Im new to Blackberry's and was going to hold off for the Storm 2 but forces dictated that I move to Verizon sooner than expected so I ended up with the Tour. Since my line was added as a family plan and the Tour was bought as an upgrade to the primary line and not mine I was thinking about getting the Storm 2 on the non-contract line when they release but whats going to be the difference? Outside of a different input method will individual apps be different? My biggest problem with BB OS is how basic and drab it is are the versions of these apps for the Storm dramatically different from the ones for trackball BBs?
    08-22-09 10:39 PM
    I'm gonna get the S2. The only reason why I didn't return my Tour for the S1 was because the memory difference but I prefer touchscreens and the S2 touchscreen seems even better.
    08-22-09 11:03 PM
    I'm gonna get the S2. The only reason why I didn't return my Tour for the S1 was because the memory difference but I prefer touchscreens and the S2 touchscreen seems even better.
    I prefer touch screens too but after my experience with BB OS I would like to wait till the Motorola Shole. Not only because of Touchscreen and my small complaints with BB but Ive always wanted an Android phone but I personally refuse to own any phone that doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack in this day and age.
    08-22-09 11:12 PM
    I prefer touch screens too but after my experience with BB OS I would like to wait till the Motorola Shole. Not only because of Touchscreen and my small complaints with BB but Ive always wanted an Android phone but I personally refuse to own any phone that doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack in this day and age.
    I would of stuck with the Treo but I wanted a BB bad so I grabbed the World. Then the Storm came out and I saw it but I wanted to wait till my contract was up with Alltel. Well then the merger came and the Tour came on the same Day. I got caught up in the hype and upgraded to the Tour. I almost took it back and got the S1 but I loved the memory the Tour has so I stuck with it.
    08-22-09 11:18 PM
    Wierd post??? I don't get why people thing the storm one is so terrible? It's the third best selling phone in the world. That don't happen with junk.
    That just means a crap load of people jumped on it when it was released, or jumped on it because it's a touchscreen.

Sure, it may be the 3rd best selling phone in the world, but those are just sales numbers. I want to see the real numbers. You know, the sales vs returns numbers. How many folks who bought a storm are still using it? Personally, mine's sitting here collecting dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:03 AM
    How many folks who bought a storm are still using it? Personally, mine's sitting here collecting dust.

While the Tours are collecting fingerprints instead of dust.

08-23-09 07:43 AM
    theres no way in **** I would buy storm 2. storm one was bad enough, what makes anyone think storm 2 is going to be much better? The hype around storm 2 is the same thing as it was with storm 1 before it came out, everyone thought it was going to be the king of phone, even the reviewers who had the storm 1 before it was relased praised it non-stop, look how true that all came out to be. the storm 1 was awarded the worst smartphone of the year. storm 2 probably wont be as bad as storm 1 is, but its gonna take rim A LOT longer then 2 years to put out a good touch screen phone. wait for the storm 3 or storm 4, thats when there should be good improvements

RIM cannot even make a perfact keyboard phone yet, and thats all they have ever made! what makes you think RIM trying to make a touch screen again is going to be good?
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 08-23-09 at 08:19 AM.
    08-23-09 08:16 AM
    Eh. Well see what happens. I just got my tour yesterday so I am happy for now lol.

08-23-09 08:31 AM
    I am not going near anything that is close to the storm. I had the storm 1 and returned it. Besides I love my tour

08-23-09 09:36 AM
    I am interested in the Tour 2 as well. After seeing these recent videos maybe I could tolerate it.
    08-23-09 10:27 AM
    That just means a crap load of people jumped on it when it was released, or jumped on it because it's a touchscreen.

Sure, it may be the 3rd best selling phone in the world, but those are just sales numbers. I want to see the real numbers. You know, the sales vs returns numbers. How many folks who bought a storm are still using it? Personally, mine's sitting here collecting dust.

Please, stop with the BS with the numbers thing. More people are buying the Storm 1 over the Tour right now. Say what you will about the Storm but those of us that stuck it out with it are happy campers. Tour users just can't get over this.....why, I just don't understand. The Storm 2 will make the Tour the most boring blackberry out there. Trust me on that.

For you bashers, get a life, enjoy the moment of the phone you have right now. It's not like the storm 2 is being released tommorow.
    08-23-09 10:41 AM
    Please, stop with the BS with the numbers thing. More people are buying the Storm 1 over the Tour right now. Say what you will about the Storm but those of us that stuck it out with it are happy campers. Tour users just can't get over this.....why, I just don't understand. The Storm 2 will make the Tour the most boring blackberry out there. Trust me on that.

For you bashers, get a life, enjoy the moment of the phone you have right now. It's not like the storm 2 is being released tommorow.
    No the tour will not be the most boring phone out when the storm 2 comes out you fool! The tour is the best CDMA Blackberry out on the market! A lot of us will never ever downgrade back down into the storm again let a lone a storm 2.

Also more people are buying the Tour right now NOT the storm. Get your facts right

08-23-09 11:29 AM
    I never owned the Storm 1...something told me from the beginning to avoid it like the plague. Had a couple friends get it so i got to play around with it a little bit and it only confirmed my thoughts. It sucks!

With that being said, I am also intrigued by the Storm 2. The design looks better and it "appears" from the little I've seen to be a better phone than the S1. I too will probably wait a few months after release just to see what problems may exist and if they're ones I can live with.

I love touchscreen phones but love BB more so I'm hoping RIM gets something right this time around.
    08-23-09 11:32 AM
    Can't polish a turd. I'm not bothering with another bb for a long time. My tour treats me well
    08-23-09 11:42 AM
    Wierd post??? I don't get why people thing the storm one is so terrible? It's the third best selling phone in the world. That don't happen with junk. I have never had a single prob with mine, except when, goofing around with the software, themes, apps not of blackberry world. If people have issues operating the storm 1, then how is the storm 2 going to fill the void?
    Best selling has nothing to do with quality. Storm was the #1 most hyped blackberry, and thus sold the most.
    08-23-09 11:43 AM
    Can't polish a turd. I'm not bothering with another bb for a long time. My tour treats me well

thats exactly how i feel too
    08-23-09 01:42 PM
    I got the BlackBerry Storm when it was first released. I was on my third BlackBerry Storm until last week when I called Tech Support and they decided to send me a BlackBerry Tour. The Tour is an excellent phone and the keyboard is the best I've ever used. But I am also intrigued by The BlackBerry Storm 2. RIM listened and they made a lot of improvements, most particularly the Screen with The Peizo Technology. I might switch up.

08-23-09 02:05 PM
    No the tour will not be the most boring phone out when the storm 2 comes out you fool! The tour is the best CDMA Blackberry out on the market! A lot of us will never ever downgrade back down into the storm again let a lone a storm 2.

Also more people are buying the Tour right now NOT the storm. Get your facts right

Get over it. Keep your Tour and be happy.

08-23-09 02:27 PM
    I'll stick with my Tour. RIM needs to make sure & invest their time & resources into perfecting the hardware reliability with their bread & butter Blackberrys w/KB before they start trying to conquer the "touchscreen" market. IMHO, their attention to their overall fit & finish of their newer models (including the Tour, to many defects) has suffered over the past few years. No where NEAR the type of quality they used to have a few years back. Again, just my opinion.
    08-24-09 12:14 AM
    The storm 1 is pretty impressive. Just wait till you see official 5.0 on this bad boy.
    08-24-09 12:34 AM
    The storm 1 is pretty impressive. Just wait till you see official 5.0 on this bad boy.
    storm 1 is NOT impressive by any means, not even close, never have been, never will be. storm 1 is by far the worst blackberry that has came out under the blackberry name.

and speaking of 5.0... we will all have 5.0 on our phones when it comes out
    08-24-09 08:16 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD