Strange issue with my BlackBerry contacts. Nearly all of my phone numbers disappeared and I panicked immediately. I came to realize that this happened when I added a new Gmail account to my Blackberry. Not sure if the new Gmail Sync had anything to do with it, but I found that all of my BlackBerry contacts are NOW in Contacts when I log into Gmail on the web. And the contacts that I do have in my phone happen to be all email addresses (mostly no numbers, but some) that were previously all saved in my web Gmail. It's like they just switched places.

Has this happened before??
    06-07-10 08:47 AM
    Do you have the GoogleSync app installed on your phone? If you have a backup on your computer through the desktop manager software, simply restore.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-07-10 08:54 AM
    Yes, I have Google Sync but I don't have a backup on my computer.

Am I screwed?

Do you have the GoogleSync app installed on your phone? If you have a backup on your computer through the desktop manager software, simply restore.

06-07-10 09:13 AM
    Well it would have made things much easier. It would be in your best interest to download the Blackberry Desktop Manager software from the blackberry website and make a backup of your device about once a week. That way, when situations like the one you're currently experiencing occurs, you can do a restore to bring your phone back to the condition it was in when you ran the backup.

06-07-10 09:17 AM
    Yep - I actually already have it downloaded but have never used it for anything. Just plain stupid I guess...

All that being said - is there anything I can do to easily get those contacts from my web Gmail into my BBerry? Can I export from Gmail to a Google CSV, Outlook CSV or vCard CSV and somehow easily import them thru Desktop Manager?

Well it would have made things much easier. It would be in your best interest to download the Blackberry Desktop Manager software from the blackberry website and make a backup of your device about once a week. That way, when situations like the one you're currently experiencing occurs, you can do a restore to bring your phone back to the condition it was in when you ran the backup.

06-07-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD