Ok... I have my gmail on my tour and it syncs fine... meaning when I delete or read an email from my phone, it deletes or is "read" when I check it on the computer after.

Is it not possible to have the email either show "read" on the phone or "deleted" from the phone if I read or delete it from the computer "FIRST"??

I assume that sync is only one way, from phone to gmail, not from gmail to phone?
    08-19-09 02:56 PM
    I assume that sync is only one way, from phone to gmail, not from gmail to phone?
    Your assumption is correct.
    08-19-09 04:04 PM
    Until the plug-in is released *fingers crossed*
    08-19-09 04:09 PM
    That's correct. however, sometimes it works for me Computer > Phone. If i get a few emails and open them and then archive them on my computer, about 10-15 minutes later they are no longer even visible on my phone.

This however, is not the case if i use the gmail application, which it appears you are using.
    08-19-09 04:17 PM
    New user here. My phone has similar issues to the original poster in that if I read my gmail on my computer first, my blackberry never recognizes that I've read it. Is it really possible that there is no "fix" to this?

I don't know what's more annoying, having mail on my phone that I've already read or just not getting notifications until I voluntarily choose to check gmail through the BB browser.

I hope a wise user out there can provide me with a "fix."

*Oh - and I have the plug-in (I think - I mean, my BB re-booted and everything with the install)
    Last edited by jdfree11; 08-30-09 at 07:33 PM.
    08-30-09 07:30 PM
    Ok... I have my gmail on my tour and it syncs fine... meaning when I delete or read an email from my phone, it deletes or is "read" when I check it on the computer after.

Is it not possible to have the email either show "read" on the phone or "deleted" from the phone if I read or delete it from the computer "FIRST"??

Your 'one-way' theory is half correct. When you read a message on the PC, it won't show read on the phone; however, when you delete a message on the PC, it will delete from the phone - after a period of time. I haven't figured-out the refresh rate yet, although it has been known to take a couple hours. I think it may be associated with receiving inbound e-mails.

Also, I discovered that it depends on how you delete on the PC. If you hit the DELETE button, it merely removes the message from your inbox and puts it in IMAP trash. It does not remove it from your ALL MAIL. It won't get deleted from your phone until its deleted and removed from your ALL MAIL. To truly delete the message, you must get it out of your ALL MAIL.

BTW, the above only applies if you're using an e-mail client - not web based Gmail. With web based Gmail, hitting delete removes it from ALL MAIL.
    08-30-09 09:12 PM
    If you are using the Gmail plug-in and not the Gmail app, read this:
    View Document

and this:
    Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerrys arrives, but only syncs one way

There is no two-way sync for BIS Gmail users. BB to gmail only, never gmail to BB. If you want to see real, non-exchange two-way syncing for Gmail, see the iPhone.

I can't remember exactly why Gmail users won't be getting two-way sync support on BIS, I think it has something to do with RIM's lack of IMAP support. If someone can chime in on that, I'd really appreciate it.
    08-30-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD