So, as the title suggests whenever I send an e-mail with my gmail account sends me the e-mail i sent to someone else. It gets sent to the recipient, but also to me. Same thing with my old curve so i figure it's a gmail thing, does anyone know how to stop it?

It's not a big deal or a big annoyance, but really something i'd prefer not happen lol
    07-15-09 09:17 AM
    In options do you have hide sent messages set to yes?
    07-15-09 09:20 AM
    go to the BIS or BES site and login. create an account if you havent already. and create a filter. so it doesn't send an e-mail to your phone if the "FROM:" field contains your email address.

i agree its annoying. but that is a quick and easy fix
    07-15-09 09:20 AM
    this is not a tour spacific issue, i have heard of this happening before, there is a filter you have to setup.

Stop Receiving Emails from GMail Sent Items In BlackBerry Inbox
    07-15-09 09:21 AM
    yeah but then it's not managed on your BB and you have to login to fix any email settings

actually if you look in the email settings, on the Tour it allows you to set up filters now just like you would on the BIS/BES site but when I try to save after entering my password it says "your device encountered a problem with this application...."
    Last edited by hakoreh; 07-15-09 at 09:54 AM.
    07-15-09 09:41 AM
    In options do you have hide sent messages set to yes?
    This is the key. Its not that it sends it back, its that it shows you the sent messages in your box.
    07-15-09 09:47 AM
    This has been discussed thousands of times, Teksu's link is THE correct fix. No more to discuss.
    07-15-09 09:55 AM
    This is the key. Its not that it sends it back, its that it shows you the sent messages in your box.
    no. you actually get an email from gmail of the sent mail just as if it was sent to you.
    07-15-09 09:55 AM
    For the love of god, will a mod please "Sticky" the Gmail receiving a sent copy thread, this is one of the most asked questions here...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:58 AM
    so what website do I need to go to to make the fix for GMAIL with verizon's service?
    07-15-09 09:59 AM
    The better fix is to enable IMAP in your gmail account and delete/add it back to BIS. This was fixed in BIS 2.6
    07-15-09 10:01 AM
    So do I got to BlackBerry Internet Service, make an account then do that fix? I am a newbie, sorry. Is that the standard BIS for all providers like Verizon, etc? I then do the fix mentioned above?
    07-15-09 10:03 AM
    tagged, thanks
    07-15-09 10:09 AM
    It will NOT let me register on the BIS site for some reason. This is so annoying. Do I have to do it from my Tour's browser?
    07-15-09 10:15 AM
    this is not a tour spacific issue, i have heard of this happening before, there is a filter you have to setup.

Stop Receiving Emails from GMail Sent Items In BlackBerry Inbox

Thanks Teksu for the link. Worked like a charm.

I've always wondered about this.
    07-15-09 10:26 AM
    Thanks guys. I'll try to go to the BIS site.
    07-15-09 11:03 AM
    I understand the link's tutorial... but I'm unsure how to open my BIS portal? Do I do that from my Blackberry or is there some other method?

I apologize if that's a stupid question...
    07-15-09 11:22 AM
    If you have verizon and BIS, go to setup->setup wizard->email setup and your email address already set up should be at the top. From there create a filter

07-15-09 11:40 AM
    I'm just replying this to subscribe to it, so I can set up my email on my Tour when it arrives.

Thanks for the help!
    07-15-09 11:45 AM
    If you have verizon and BIS, go to setup->setup wizard->email setup and your email address already set up should be at the top. From there create a filter

Ken, I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. Thanks!

I did as the instructions (and Ken) said... and I tested it and STILL received the outgoing email.

Does it, perhaps, take some time for it to start working?

Or do I need to create the filter on my Gmail account as well?
    07-15-09 12:05 PM
    Thanks...worked for me!
    07-15-09 06:41 PM
    The better fix is to enable IMAP in your gmail account and delete/add it back to BIS. This was fixed in BIS 2.6
    Yes, this is what should be done, OP.
    07-15-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD