I own a BB Tour with GMail etc. I also own and use the Droid with Gmail. I have the Tour turned off and have been using the Droid and it syncs perfectly with GMail. My Tour has a lot of GMail entries on it but that line is turned off. If I reactivate that phone line and the Tour goes to sync with Gmail, how will the older data interact with the Droid GMail. Will it overight my current info, will it merge with the Droid data, or will it just pick up where it left off when that phone line was active. What I dont want to happen is for the Tour to mess up or delete any current data that is perfect on the Droid etc. Please suggest what might happen when I reactivate the Tour and GMail.
    01-19-10 09:13 PM
    I own a BB Tour with GMail etc. I also own and use the Droid with Gmail. I have the Tour turned off and have been using the Droid and it syncs perfectly with GMail. My Tour has a lot of GMail entries on it but that line is turned off. If I reactivate that phone line and the Tour goes to sync with Gmail, how will the older data interact with the Droid GMail. Will it overight my current info, will it merge with the Droid data, or will it just pick up where it left off when that phone line was active. What I dont want to happen is for the Tour to mess up or delete any current data that is perfect on the Droid etc. Please suggest what might happen when I reactivate the Tour and GMail.
    I would think it wouldn't interfere with any past data, it would just pick up where it left off.
    01-19-10 09:34 PM
    It sounds like the newly activated Tour would start receiving any new emails after the activation point. BB email doesn't sync when it is first added to the phone, so why would it be any different.
    01-19-10 10:55 PM
    I need my Gmail to sync again and not corrupt or delete the things that are on my GMail now. I think that it will be OK but just nervous.
    01-20-10 12:12 AM
    The Gmail app on the BB will not retrieve or alter old data/emails. It will pick up at the point you turn the Tour line back on and go from there. The default settings for the app are, in the case of a conflict the Gmail server 'wins'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 09:45 AM
    There is no danger. Remember the Tour does not affect your GMAIL account unless you tell it to delete the message from the server, and that is a message specific task. There will be no issues.
    01-20-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD