Anyone have any new info on the mail plugin for blackberry's as far as release? This is not to be confused with the gmail app.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:42 AM
    Sorry for sounding silly but what mail plugin? Is it needed whenm you can just get gmail thru th BIS? I don't even use the gmail app because it seems like its better thru BIS with IMAP enabled in gmail.

08-19-09 04:56 AM
    It's supposed to be out this month...
    08-19-09 05:54 AM
    Sorry for sounding silly but what mail plugin? Is it needed whenm you can just get gmail thru th BIS? I don't even use the gmail app because it seems like its better thru BIS with IMAP enabled in gmail.

Maybe it improves functionality? As of today you can add Gmail through BIS but it only syncs one way rather than 2...maybe this plugin would change that? I'm speculating though.
    08-19-09 08:17 AM
    08-19-09 08:19 AM
    Hmm. Just check out m.google.com/mail. You can dl it ota.

08-19-09 08:43 AM
    Hmm. Just check out m.google.com/mail. You can dl it ota.

Not the same thing. That's the gmail app and is a standalone email application. The gmail plugin (not app) supposedly works with BIS.
    08-19-09 08:48 AM
    Any idea where we can get the beta plugin at?
    08-19-09 09:10 AM
    Looking forward to its release
    08-19-09 09:21 AM
    Really, really looking forward to its release. It's such a painful hassle right now w/o true two-way IMAP and folder/label syncing.
    08-19-09 09:50 AM
    Gmail app for BIS - www.blackberry.com/gmail (from your blackberry)
    08-22-09 07:43 AM
    I know what you are referring to, and it's not the Gmail App. Go here... Enhanced Google Mail Plug-in Now Available For BlackBerry!!! | News & Rumors | BlackBerry Rocks!
    08-22-09 07:48 AM
    I just installed it, its rather straightforward. Now bis sets up gmail as imap automatically if you have imap enabled in gmail. It threads messages well, but you have to get your emails through a dedicated email icon, not through the messages icon. So far I like it.
    08-22-09 08:43 AM
    And you downloaded it from?
    08-22-09 08:44 AM
    You have to go into BIS to delete your gmail account. after that make a new account through your phone in email settings. Choose gmail, put in your log in info, and then click ok. Immediately after that you get a PIN with the download link. it is an OTA link for the plugin.
    08-22-09 08:49 AM
    Tagged. Back later to setup / DL.
    Wish it integrated with messages.

08-22-09 08:57 AM
    It doesnt seem to... but I am rather a nub at blackberries. Any questions ill be happy to answer to the best of my ability though.
    08-22-09 08:59 AM
    Yep, works great, I set mine up this morning.
    08-22-09 09:14 AM
    I dont like that it doesnt integrate with the regular messages/txt icon.
    Last edited by ksmontoya; 08-22-09 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo
    08-22-09 09:35 AM
    You have to go into BIS to delete your gmail account. after that make a new account through your phone in email settings. Choose gmail, put in your log in info, and then click ok. Immediately after that you get a PIN with the download link. it is an OTA link for the plugin.
    I didn't get a PIN. I just got an email saying go to www.blackberry.com/gmail

It is about a 550kb download. I sent myself a test email with a link to this forum and I copy/pasted this thread (pictures and all) and it showed up immediately and looks perfect. Didn't have to download images or anything. I'm going to see what other features it has.

The thing I'd really like is an icon for it instead of the same envelop look. My wife uses Yahoo mail and it's very easy to find with the nice Yahoo Icon for her mail. I've got 4 mail folders and they all look the same. I want my gmail folder to look different!
    08-22-09 09:36 AM
    I did it way out of order. I downloaded the plugin and then saw the instructions in here. I deleted the plugin and then deleted my gmail account. Then i re added the gmail account and followed the instructions for the enhancement plugin. Looks good. Do now have reload all my emails from my DM?

@noles200 -- i too wish I could change the icon and have it be the gmail "message" or something to identify it.
    08-22-09 10:34 AM
    I did it way out of order. I downloaded the plugin and then saw the instructions in here. I deleted the plugin and then deleted my gmail account. Then i re added the gmail account and followed the instructions for the enhancement plugin. Looks good. Do now have reload all my emails from my DM?

@noles200 -- i too wish I could change the icon and have it be the gmail "message" or something to identify it.
    How do you delete your gmail account? do you have to delete the gmail mail app too?
    08-22-09 11:02 AM
    I dont believe you ahve to delete the app if you dont want. go into email settings in your phone and you can delete the gmail.
    08-22-09 11:10 AM
    I dont believe you ahve to delete the app if you dont want. go into email settings in your phone and you can delete the gmail.
    that is what I am trying to find. where is it. I checked under the inbox menu and i have a list of optons but nothing for deleting. hmmm help.. I will keep the gmail app for now and see how the to compare.
    08-22-09 11:12 AM
    I just set mine up as well. I wish it had two way sync but hey I love the new changes!

08-22-09 11:14 AM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD