I recently did a wipe and reinstall of .023 with the hybrid on top, and I did not restore my service books due to the PRL issue. However, the phone made me get the service books resent because email was working properly. Now when I go to delete an email it asks me if I want to delete it on handheld, or handheld and server. Is this a new feature? Does this mean I am now connected via IMAP instead of POP?
    11-29-09 07:42 AM
    I recently did a wipe and reinstall of .023 with the hybrid on top, and I did not restore my service books due to the PRL issue. However, the phone made me get the service books resent because email was working properly. Now when I go to delete an email it asks me if I want to delete it on handheld, or handheld and server. Is this a new feature? Does this mean I am now connected via IMAP instead of POP?
    It means you need to go into messages>options>email reconciliation and set the "delete on" option the way you want it. What you are describing indicates that you have it set to "prompt." I'm not sure if it means you're connected by IMAP or POP.
    11-29-09 09:56 AM
    It means you need to go into messages>options>email reconciliation and set the "delete on" option the way you want it. What you are describing indicates that you have it set to "prompt." I'm not sure if it means you're connected by IMAP or POP.
    It has nothing to do with POP or IMAP and everything with what you said (reconciliation). Enabling IMAP will allow you to reconcile messages through BIS and speed up their delivery to ~15 secs. To enable IMAP, gave to go to Gmail settings and disable POP (which is enabled by default) then search the forum for "How to enable Gmail Imap on Tour"
    11-29-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD