Somehow my contacts got deleted in gmail. However, they still exist on my Tour. Since I sync with gmail on my tour, could I either (1) sync them back to gmail from my Tour or would it sync back an erased file with no contacts to my Tour? or (2) export my contacts from my Tour as comma separated value (CSV) file and then import them back into my gmail on the computer? Thanks for your help. If I am sounding a little desperate, it is because I don't want to re-type all 200+ entries back into gmail.

Thanks for your help!!
    11-29-09 12:15 PM
    if it works the same as outlook yes desktop manager should reverse the damage. but ive never tried it.
    11-29-09 12:49 PM
    Before doing anything using Desktop Manager, backup your entire phone. You may be able to selectively backup certain databases but I've not checked. That way, if your sync goes wrong, you can restore your data.
    11-29-09 01:43 PM
    Yes, you can sync them back to Gmail, but do backup first just in case.

To sync them back from your BB to Gmail correctly. You need to sign out of Google Sync. This will break the link between your BB and Gmail. Your calendar events will be deleted off your BB, but you have copies already on Gmail, correct?

Resign in to Google Sync.
    11-29-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD