I looked through some threads and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Sorry.

I just got a Tour today, upgraded from a Curve. I had all my settings good on there but now I can't seem to figure stuff out. I used the gmail app, and if I go into my gmail that's pushed to my bb, it only shows the stuff I send. Did they change it now? I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I just want to use the gmail app and don't want anything else notified. I was going to try it without the gmail app, but then I started getting emails to both the "Messages" folder and the "emailaddress@gmail.com" folder. And in the messages folder, it tells me what I've done on facebook. It's confusing. I just want one thing to tell me I have mail, but I'm not sure which folder is in charge of that, or how to turn off the other stuff.

I hope I'm being clear enough...
    04-16-10 12:50 AM
    Well, you don't even need your gmail account set up with your bb mail to use the gmail app. Just go into email setup and delete the gmail account and then your mail will only show in the gmail app.

Just be aware that the "push" on the gmail app takes 10 or 15 minutes, whereas with bb mail it's instant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 12:56 AM
    Your phone gives you options to combine notifications(email,sms,phone,facebook, etc..) all into your messages folder. Some people like having everything in one spot and some, like myself, like everything separated.

To keep it separate go into your Message folder, click the Menu key / Options / Inbox Settings / then check/uncheck what you want in the message list.

To take your facebook notifications out of your message folder, go into your Facebook app and hit the Menu key / Options / and uncheck Integrate into Message List.

To be honest the Gmail app is pointless. The only good thing about it is that it integrates your gmail contacts. you can't beat the blackberry push email.

04-16-10 09:04 AM
    I'll probably stop using the gmail app. But "Messages" and "emailaddress@gmail.com" have the same options... but I only want to see my email in my email address folder, and my messages in "SMS & MMS", but that's not happening... if I uncheck my email address in the "Messages" folder, it unchecks in the email folder too. Confusing!
    04-16-10 12:13 PM
    I'll probably stop using the gmail app. But "Messages" and "emailaddress@gmail.com" have the same options... but I only want to see my email in my email address folder, and my messages in "SMS & MMS", but that's not happening... if I uncheck my email address in the "Messages" folder, it unchecks in the email folder too. Confusing!
    The "Options" are the same for all of them. It doesn't matter if your in "Messages" or your "Email Inbox" because its all the same list of options.

UNCHECK the Email and sms&mms and they WON'T appear in your Message folder.

04-16-10 04:17 PM
    Why not just hide the @gmail.com icon if it is bothering you. I just put all 4 of my individual emails at the bottom of the app screen and put the messages folder on my homescreen.

Out of sight, out of mind.

04-16-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD