I am upgrading from my Curve 8330 to the Tour 9630 :P is there anything I should notice that is different from the Curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 04:11 PM
    that its rediculously sexy, enjoy
    12-13-09 04:13 PM
    congrats on the Tour!

lots of differences from the Tour... World phone, much better screen resolution, more memory, better keyboard.. ect..

you will like this upgrade
    12-13-09 04:26 PM
    Did the bluetooth issues/complaints get cleared up or addressed? Mine is coming tuesday so I am curious as well.
    12-13-09 04:38 PM
    Welcome to the club! Hope you get a "good" one. When it works like it's supposed to, it is one of the best smart phones on the market.
    12-13-09 04:40 PM
    Its a nice upgrade from the 8330. The screen res is nice, more memory, and better keyboard.

12-13-09 04:48 PM
    The entire package is nicer.
    12-13-09 05:01 PM
    You'll love the better resolution of the screen and the nuances of the higher OS. The keyboard also blows the curve away after a couple days use. Congrats and enjoy your new device.

12-13-09 05:52 PM
    Boo-yahh
    12-13-09 07:17 PM
    I also went from a Curve 8330 to the Tour 9630 and its totally better overall - looks, aesthetics, performance, screen is top notch. I'm still 50/50 on the Tour keyboard though. I definitely love the "softer" non-clicky feel of the keys, but the weird pointy peaks on the keys still feels odd. I still could type quicker on the Curve with the more easily felt spaced out keys.
    12-13-09 07:32 PM
    I got a tour about a month and a half ago and I have loved every minute of it.
    As a tour owner, I have found, that many people are critics.

Some say the keyboard is difficult; to each his own, I suppose, but the keys are very keyboard-y as opposed to the buttons on the curve

People complain about trying to get the new 5.0 OS; lots of the other phones don't offer 5.0, but others have leaked versions, big deal.

Some complain about the trackball; I suppose some people might actually get faulty hardware, but I bought my blackberry from the verizon store and I don't have a single problem with its trackball.

As always, it is a blackberry product. You can expect excellence.

12-13-09 10:06 PM
    I am upgrading from my Curve 8330 to the Tour 9630 :P is there anything I should notice that is different from the Curve?

I got my Tour after using an 8320 after a couple years, just being able to have OS 5.0 on your device is enough difference and reason to like the Tour even better.
    12-13-09 10:24 PM
    Congrats on the Tour!!! I picked up a free Tour from Sam's club on Black Friday. I love it!!! Had the 8330 for about a year.

12-14-09 12:20 AM
    You are going to love this phone... Welcome to the family... I too had a curve in the past and most recently the storm2 and I must say that my tour is the best blackberry I have ever owned... No problems what's or ever... Had it for almost a month... Make sure u upgrade to 5.0.0.230 and then download the latest hybrid 7.14... Ur gonna love it... 4.7 sucks on the tour

12-14-09 12:56 AM
    Oh its definitely an upgrade from the 8330. This IMO is the best blackberry out there. The screen resolution is amazing, the memory is better and the keyboard is just sexy. Its an awesome phone. I love it! I have heard some Tours having issues with the battery door, trackballs, and I have had no problems at all. I must be one of the lucky ones. Hope you are as well. Enjoy!
    12-14-09 05:50 AM
    The tour is so much better than the curve in many ways!! One of the biggest, i think, is the screen... so beautiful!!!
    12-14-09 10:53 AM
    My audio is great after after the VZW 4.7.1.61 update.

Did the bluetooth issues/complaints get cleared up or addressed? Mine is coming tuesday so I am curious as well.
    12-14-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD