I'm getting a refurbished Blackberry Tour 9630 from Sprint sometime this week. The phone I have right now is a Blackberry Curve 8330 and it's almost 2 years old and it's starting to show wear. The trackball needs replaced (again), I need a new battery because the battery life isn't as good as it used to be, and lately I've been having signal issues on it. I had to do a battery pull Thursday night because it showed I didn't have internet coverage, and it fixed it. But Friday morning, it wasn't working again so I had to do another battery pull. Then I was sitting at my boyfriend's house, and it showed I had no service, so I had to do yet another battery pull to correct it. At first I thought it might have been Sprint messing up, but my boyfriend has a friend who works at Sprint and has a Sprint phone, so he texted him and he said he wasn't having any trouble. So apparently it's just my Curve being stupid. Either way though, I'm getting a Tour, lol.

So, how much different is the Tour compared to the Curve 8330? Anything better? Or worse?
    07-16-11 09:58 PM
    If you can, just wait. New Blackberry's are just around the corner. August release is rumored.
    If you can't wait, try to at least get yourself a Bold 9650. The Tour isn't too good.
    07-16-11 10:01 PM
    If you can, just wait. New Blackberry's are just around the corner. August release is rumored.
    If you can't wait, try to at least get yourself a Bold 9650. The Tour isn't too good.
    Getting a "new" phone isn't an option. I'm 19, and unemployed, and my dad doesn't want to have to have a 2 year agreement because he wants to retire soon. With the refurbished phones you don't have to have an agreement, so my choices are only refurbed phones.
    07-16-11 10:25 PM
    I'll agree and also disagree. My Tour I've had 2 years has been a GREAT phone. Fast, durable and reliable. That said, there is no doubt the Bolds are better. The optical trackpad is the one thing I always wished was on my Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 10:31 PM
    Getting a "new" phone isn't an option. I'm 19, and unemployed, and my dad doesn't want to have to have a 2 year agreement because he wants to retire soon. With the refurbished phones you don't have to have an agreement, so my choices are only refurbed phones.
    - Faster processor
    - 256MB of Application storage space (8330 has 96MB and 8330m has 128MB)
    - OS5 compatible
    - International 3G support with the 2100 UMTS band, so you can have 3G data speed abroad if supported where you are at. Also Edge support anywhere available.
    - EVDO RevA
    - The keyboard will be the nicer Bold type
    ^ Those are the differences between the Curve 8330 and the Tour 9630.
    I hope you enjoy your new device!
    07-16-11 10:43 PM
    I had a 9630 for about a year before I received my 9650. I loved my 9630. The best OS for it can be found at BBTweaks.com (Browser is superfast). You'll be able to do a lot more with your 9630. Good Luck!
    07-19-11 11:07 AM
    The tours a great phone, I really loved it but it was only missing wifi and it would have been perfect
    07-19-11 02:28 PM
    I had mine for about 2 weeks before VZW swapped for a brand new Bold. I like Tour, it's good step up from Curve.

You don't have to put a hybrid on it, the leaked 5.0.0.643 is a solid OS, and so is Verizon's 5.0.0.732.
    07-19-11 04:20 PM
    Tour is a great phone and great step up from Curve, enjoy it and be happy!

07-23-11 11:18 PM
    My Tour still serves as a backup, I keep it charged and ready for any emergency. It is a nice step up from the 8330, and it may take you a couple of days to get used to the softer touch keyboard as compared to the clickiness of the Curve.

The trackball has a different feel, as well. The screen alone will probably make you go Wow!, by comparison. And the camera with autofocus is sooo much better. It makes it easier to read QR tags.

Congratulations on moving up a notch in device capabilities!

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-23-11 at 11:30 PM.
    07-23-11 11:27 PM
    I've had my Tour for about a year and a half. I've really enjoyed it. The Tour is definitely a step up from the Curve line, even though it's not up to Bold or Torch standards. The Tour's screen is much more impressive than what you've had on your Curve as far as clarity. The only thing I can say I haven't liked about my Tour is the track ball. Optical track pads are much better. But I haven't had any problem with my track ball, it works fine, it's just older technology that's not as much fun to use.

Go for it & enjoy your Tour. And be happy that Dad can retire soon!

07-24-11 12:33 AM
    so what really is the difference between the tour and the bold? I like my tour but it's not available as a upgrade anymore....
    07-24-11 11:55 AM
    so what really is the difference between the tour and the bold? I like my tour but it's not available as a upgrade anymore....
    The 9650 has WiFi, a track-pad instead of a trackball, and double the RAM (9630 has 256MB, 9650 has 512MB).
    The 9650 has the ability to run OS6, which in my opinion, is much better than OS5.
    07-24-11 02:11 PM
    I've had my tour for over a year as a work phone. Best thing about it over the curve 8300 i hadis the overall speed (3g and ram) and the fact that I've battery pulled maybe three times since I got it versus the daily pull with the curve
    07-24-11 04:27 PM
    I wouldn't buy a 9650 with a 2yr contract, but if you can get one free or cheap without a new contract it is a good phone, better than Tour and way better than Curve, but new BBs coming out soon are much better than any of them.

07-24-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD