My phone is perfect other than the slightly lose battery cover which isn't even THAT big of a deal, just takes away from the build quality a bit. I don't want to exchange the entire phone for a stupid issue like a loose battery cover and risk getting one of the real Tour lemons. Has anyone had any success with just switching the back cover rather than exchanging the phone?
    07-14-09 09:27 AM
    i wouldnt think they would allow this but you could try.

they would have to take it off another brand new phone, thus removing the plastic covering on it. then the phone they put your cover on will not have that...not sure if they think thats a big deal or not.

personally, i'm not bothered by the SLIGHTLY loose cover. i put a case on my phone right away any how.
    07-14-09 10:41 AM
    I have the same issue with my tour (9630). I took it back to Verizon. We looked at the phones they had on display... same issue. I got them to open a new box and that phone had the same issue.

2 issues...
    - The rear batter cover doesn't sit flush with the phone
    - The cover moves about a 1/16 of an inch.

These issues are more annoying than anything and seems they're by design. A poor design if you ask me.

I've now bought a hard case so the issue will be hidden. Oh well.
    Last edited by cresentmoon; 07-25-09 at 06:04 PM.
    07-25-09 05:45 PM
    I called a verizon store about this and they said there was nothing they can do about this issue at this time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 05:48 PM
    Just put a small piece of electrical tape where it latches in. Done.
    07-25-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD