Hey Everyone,

Just got my first blackberry in the Tour and an quite excited. Ive also encountered my first issue. Verizon said they couldn't transfer my contacts because my Voyager wouldn't connect to their machine. I'm not sure why this is the case because I have no problems with charging it. I need to transfer my contacts and have tried quite a few different routes ...but have been unsuccessful so far.

I have tried transferring the vcard (not even sure if this would work) via Bluetooth...it finds the devices and the connect, however when I select the list to transfer, it doesnt do anything. I tried only transferring one contact (thinking all 161 contacts might be too many to do at once) but it just hangs. The Voyager says its sending but it nothing ever comes up on my BB.

I tried hooking up my Voyager to BitPm and was able to transfer my contacts into that program, but it doesnt recognize my phone.

And lastly, I attempted to move the contacts onto the Micro USB but the Voyager doesn't show any options to save or move the contacts.

I have backup assistant too but apparently, that doesn't work on BB's. Is there anything I can do to get my contacts onto my phone?

Thanks for the help.
    07-12-09 01:44 PM
    If you have microsoft outlook, will your Voyager sync with it?

If so, you can sync everyone to outlook, then sync your BB to outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 01:48 PM
    What type of software do you use for your email...i.e. Outlook? If you use Outlook, connect your device to your computer and use the Desktop Manager.

Also, you can use Google Sync (if you have a gmail account).
    07-12-09 01:48 PM
    I am having the same problem. How do you get the contacts into google to use sync?
    07-12-09 05:48 PM
    if you guys have a facebook you could post for everyone to text u there name & phone number again on ur wall then check & see if you have 161 contacts & fill in the rest...
    07-12-09 06:00 PM
    I am having the same problem. How do you get the contacts into google to use sync?
    I started to look into doing this but had to go somewhere. I gotta finish trying this later.
    07-12-09 08:48 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Just got my first blackberry in the Tour and an quite excited. Ive also encountered my first issue. Verizon said they couldn't transfer my contacts because my Voyager wouldn't connect to their machine. I'm not sure why this is the case because I have no problems with charging it. I need to transfer my contacts and have tried quite a few different routes ...but have been unsuccessful so far.

I have tried transferring the vcard (not even sure if this would work) via Bluetooth...it finds the devices and the connect, however when I select the list to transfer, it doesnt do anything. I tried only transferring one contact (thinking all 161 contacts might be too many to do at once) but it just hangs. The Voyager says its sending but it nothing ever comes up on my BB.

I tried hooking up my Voyager to BitPm and was able to transfer my contacts into that program, but it doesnt recognize my phone.

And lastly, I attempted to move the contacts onto the Micro USB but the Voyager doesn't show any options to save or move the contacts.

I have backup assistant too but apparently, that doesn't work on BB's. Is there anything I can do to get my contacts onto my phone?

Thanks for the help.

You should try a different verizon store because i had the voyager and switched to the tour and everything went smoothly.
    07-12-09 09:56 PM
    I had the Voyeger and I recently purchased the Tour. Since I could not send my contact (phone book) via blutooth, I sent my contact info to another device (Treo) via blutooth and then synched my Treo to the computer. I then synched my Blackberry and I now have all of my contact information.

Verizon could not synch my Voyeger for some reason.
    07-13-09 09:53 AM
    I'd go to another store. I think they just didn't know what they were doing.
    07-13-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD