In May I bought my first BB (8330 Curve) because I just simply could not wait for the Tour. However even after just a couple of weeks the Curve is not handling what I need it to do so I'm going to use my 30 day worry free guarantee to take my Curve back and wait out for the Tour.

I have never done this before so I was just wondering if I need to say anything about why I am taking the phone back? Also, will they give me any trouble? And I just wanted to make sure that if I take it back that I will still be able to use my upgrade for the Tour when it comes out?

My account is VIP so the restocking fee is waived so that is a non issue for me. Thanks in advance for any help/info/insight that you can provide me!
    06-08-09 11:22 AM
    They shouldnt give you any trouble. Just take the box and everything that comes with it and the receipt and you'll be fine.
    06-08-09 11:29 AM
    i have been with VZW for almost a decade and have taken phones back within that period of 30 day (even back when it was just 15 days) and I think you will not have a problem and need a reason. Just tell the truth, you didn't like it and know a better phone is coming out. By saying you know a better phone is around the bend might deter them from hard selling another phone. maybe lol.
    06-08-09 11:31 AM
    I Wish I Was A Vip
    06-08-09 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the help I appreciate it
    06-08-09 01:01 PM
    In May I bought my first BB (8330 Curve) because I just simply could not wait for the Tour. However even after just a couple of weeks the Curve is not handling what I need it to do so I'm going to use my 30 day worry free guarantee to take my Curve back and wait out for the Tour.

I have never done this before so I was just wondering if I need to say anything about why I am taking the phone back? Also, will they give me any trouble? And I just wanted to make sure that if I take it back that I will still be able to use my upgrade for the Tour when it comes out?

My account is VIP so the restocking fee is waived so that is a non issue for me. Thanks in advance for any help/info/insight that you can provide me!
    1. There is no confirmation that the Tour is going to be offered on VZW.

2. The return policy is strictly 30 days, you can't just pack up your phone and bring it in at any ole' time.
    06-08-09 01:32 PM

2. The return policy is strictly 30 days, you can't just pack up your phone and bring it in at any ole' time.
    1) Maybe not from VZW, but we have more than enough confirmation from our insiders here.

2) You have to assume since he states he is unising the 30 policy that he knows its 30 days.

It seems like every post is about this phone being speculation. Well we know that! Everything we discuss on this site unless confirmed by the carrier is speculation. Verizon's CEO has already discussed the Tour in an interview, I wouldn't think he would do that unless he was pretty darn sure they were picking the phone up. All we are speculating on is when they are going to be putting the phone up.
    06-08-09 02:00 PM
    so I'm going to use my 30 day worry free guarantee to take my Curve back and wait out for the Tour.
    i think its within 30 days :x

my experience with verizon retail reps is that they either dont know much or that they definitely dont let on much. ( i work for verizon btw )
    06-08-09 02:19 PM
    The 30 day thing toe equipment must be in new condition if its scratched they don't have to take it back that's the only thing I would worry about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 02:39 PM
    I just did this exact same thing with my storm. it was my first BB and reeled me in but post-reel in I learned about the tour. And as much as I loved it I was still frustrated without a physical keyboard. And really if a new device was coming soon I can wait.

Now I'm back on AT&T with BlackJack part one (which is tolerable) unfettered by a contract so I ask before I jump on another ship again will this be worth a Verizon contract again or should I stay where I am at? I can't honestly tell the difference between GSM and CDMA. of course I didn't get a chance to travel with the latter but if anyone has any advice I'd be obliged and open. Either way I am finding already and will have another RIM device soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 03:00 PM
    Where have you been Scott?
    06-08-09 03:16 PM
    guys, what constitutes VIP customer for vzw?
    06-08-09 03:37 PM
    Once again, the comment from Lowell Mcadam was that several new devices would be released within the next six months or so including the Palm Pre and a second generation Storm 2. Unless you can quote me wrong, there was no mention of the "Tour"
    06-08-09 04:12 PM
    Once again, the comment from Lowell Mcadam was that several new devices would be released within the next six months or so including the Palm Pre and a second generation Storm 2. Unless you can quote me wrong, there was no mention of the "Tour"
    yea there was he said it was high class device.
    06-08-09 04:17 PM
    Lol...................
    06-08-09 04:25 PM

there is more confirmation then whats needed just like we had no confirmation on the storm right?

here is the article

UPDATE 4-Verizon to sell Palm Pre, new BlackBerry phones | Industries | Technology, Media & Telecommunications | Reuters
    Last edited by noaim; 06-08-09 at 04:27 PM.
    06-08-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD