For some reason, my BB started acting as follows: when I get a voicemail, it will put a "Voicemail" message in my SMS inbox. I do not want this! I already know if I have a voicemail because the voicemail icon will appear on my homescreen. Please help me get rid of this annoyance!

Thank you for your help.
    10-25-10 05:42 PM
    Won't happen, its the way it is designed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 05:47 PM
    I never found a way to make that go away. The only possible thing I can think of was to set the firewall to block messages from the address it came from but I don't have an active BB to test that with... No guarantees though.
    10-25-10 06:14 PM
    100% incorrect. It didn't do it until I updated the OS. Now it does it. I'm searching for a solution that doesn't require going back to the previoius OS version.
    10-25-10 06:18 PM
    100% incorrect. It didn't do it until I updated the OS. Now it does it. I'm searching for a solution that doesn't require going back to the previoius OS version.
    Which OS did you have before the upgrading and which did you upgrade to? Sometimes they change features when they move forward with a new OS, although rare at times.
    10-25-10 06:24 PM
    The previous version was whatever came with the phone when I bought it. I don't remember the previous version number.

The new version I was made aware of and downloaded from blackberryforums.com at this post: Latest OS: 9630 5.0.0.1242/5.0.0.732 (All Languages) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    10-25-10 06:30 PM
    The previous version was whatever came with the phone when I bought it. I don't remember the previous version number.

The new version I was made aware of and downloaded from blackberryforums.com at this post: Latest OS: 9630 5.0.0.1242/5.0.0.732 (All Languages) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    Ok. Was the SMS threaded on the version you upgraded from or no?
    10-26-10 03:36 AM
    For some reason, my BB started acting as follows: when I get a voicemail, it will put a "Voicemail" message in my SMS inbox. I do not want this! I already know if I have a voicemail because the voicemail icon will appear on my homescreen. Please help me get rid of this annoyance!

Thank you for your help.
    You say NOT TRUE but I can tell you the when the TOur came out with 4.7.0.40 then went to .67 and into eventually 5.0.0.732 which you are running you said as I as well and not the official VZW version is .975 through every single one of these even if you have never noticed all voicemail notifications went into the SMS box and if not mistaken possibly the messages folder but this I can't remember 100% like I do the SMS box.

Now with running OS 5.0 you can open your message folder and go to options from your BB button and then to email options and choose from your email address and SMS notifications to what you want to go into your message folder but that is all you can do but you cannot change your voicemail from going into the SMS folder and the reason is because VZW considers this voicemail as a sort of text message notification that you have a voicemail so you will have to live with it.

If you want confirmation call tech support at VZW and ask for a a level 2 tech for your BB and they will tell you the same thing.
    10-28-10 08:23 PM
    Jaguarr40,

Your post is jibberish, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, my messages were threaded before I upgraded the OS. They've been threaded since 5.0
    10-30-10 06:39 PM
    Jaguarr40,

Yes, my messages were threaded before I upgraded the OS. They've been threaded since 5.0
    Well, I'm aware OS5 brought about threaded messaging. I'm trying to narrow your previous OS down since you had no clue what it was.
    10-30-10 07:53 PM
    It's a change made on the carrier side. It has nothing to do with the OS update. Again, you can't change it.
    10-31-10 07:41 AM

Unsubscribe to Visual Voice Mail, I believe that will fix the problem.
    10-31-10 08:10 AM
    Unsubscribe to Visual Voice Mail, I believe that will fix the problem.
    Got a great big negatory on that. The SMS announcing the voicemail occurs whether there's a subscription to visual voicemail or not. The carrier sends the SMS to the handheld regardless of any other features. You don't get to shut it off.
    10-31-10 09:02 AM
    Jaguarr40,

Since my lost post was jiberish let me simplify things for you... Read what Motorcycle Mama wrote in her response to you and that should be the end of it. She has helped me quite a bit and is very smart as is Sandman who was trying to help.

Hope you will listen to them.
    11-02-10 04:02 PM
    So this annoyed me from day one, I don't know how you got lucky and didn't have an issue until now but... So I paid for LeaveItOn it was so I could watch movies on the airplane on my Tour. After the app was updated I get the internal SMS pop up notification but nothing in my SMS inbox. Maybe a cheap fix with some added berry functionality. FYI v3.0 Leave It On by ShaoSoft, OS 5.0.0.624. Good Luck
    11-03-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD